Interceptor Setup Options

Robbks

Interceptor Setup Options

Postby Robbks » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:01 pm

As you may be aware i have an Interceptor wired into my 94 GT Legacy (Sequential Twin Turbo)

I just have a quick question related to diffeent setups for the "Load Scale".

The primary "Fuel Intercept Source" is obviously the MAF in my car so that's fine.
But when setting up the "Load Point Setup" there's the option for MAF, MAP and TPS.

Currently I'm using MAF for this, but given the TT's way of operating, it can have two, completely different MAF flows/ values for a given boost level.
i.e 10PSI on single turbo is only flowing ~40% load
whereas 10PSI on both turbo's operating in parallel is closer to ~80%
this simply makes tuning the fuel map more time consuming.

would it make more sense to switch to MAP based load-points so that,
say 5psi on mid-throttle can simply be tuned for ~13.5:1, irrespective of whether it's on single or twin operation.
and then obviously when you hit WOT the factory ECU maps will compensate and richen the mixtures given it's own TPS compensations.

and a final question
what is the "Ignition output map" used for
as opposed to the primary "ignition map"?

BRIAN MP5T

Re: Interceptor Setup Options

Postby BRIAN MP5T » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:54 pm

I don't know of ANYONE who would tune on a MASS if a MAP was available.

MAP, Period.

Robbks

Postby Robbks » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:13 pm

MAP can only used for load reference

MAF has to be used (intercepted and modified) to fool the stock ECU to do what i need it to.

bkcomm

Postby bkcomm » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:27 am

Yes try using MAP for your load point setup, if you take a look at the files for the older wrx they use MAP for load setup. MAF will still be your fuel control option. Also the ignition output map, I think is full control of ignition you have to come up with the values, like you would with one of the standalone platinums. Not sure if it works with our wasted spark systems. I am trying to get this to work on my 2004 impreza rs.

On a side note, what are using for you load point percentages, I am starting at 375 rpm and working up to 6375 and my load is 35. My buddy showed me a bosch 3 bar map setup that starts at 35 for load which should be his voltage with the car off. I am using a 2 bar sensor, (non factory GM) so my volt calibration is different, still working on this one. Any thoughts would also be helpful for my map sensor calibration screen setup using kPA.

Robbks

Postby Robbks » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:48 am

Yeah, i had a chat with one of the Interceptor guru's and he convinced me to switch to MAP for load.
basically it give you the ability and ease to tune in vertical/ horizontal lines, as opposed to diagonally through the map.

my car is turbo so 0PSI= 35 load.

and i have RPM ranging from 750 up to 7500
i also have some non-linear rpm points in the higher revs as i wanted closer graduations in the middle rev range, due to the win turbo's operation i wanted finer tuning around the sequential change-over rpms (4k rpm)

jasaircraft

Postby jasaircraft » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:54 am

Can anyone please tell me how to use the map sensor only and not the MAF on a 99sti ? Should I splice the car's map sensor signal into the interceptor and then into the factory's maf signal input??? really confused here, also can anyone show me a diagram or document saying which input/output can be used for what? Because the manual is very brief and the wiring diagram doesnt really say much.
Making people fly!

Robbks

Postby Robbks » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:27 pm

you can't delete the MAF with an interceptor.

the MAF signal is still required by the stock ECU for load signals.
the Interceptor just modifies these signals.

you can select MAP, MAF or TPS as your "Load Scale" for the maps within the interceptor, but it still can only change the MAF signal that the stock ECU will see.
no matter what car you put the interceptor on, you can only modify the signal that it's calculates it's primary load signal from. in the case of WRX, that's MAF.
if it were an NA impreza/ liberty/ forester, then they use MAP and IAT for their load scales.

ballog

Postby ballog » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:03 am

I need the pinout 350z with Interceptor.

jasaircraft

Postby jasaircraft » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:17 pm

ok cool I get it, you have to use the stock ecus load signal type...
Making people fly!

Return to “Interceptor”