Leaning at 3000 RPM

the_big_dill

Leaning at 3000 RPM

Postby the_big_dill » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:33 am

Hi all,

New to the forums, need a little help with the tune.

I have been tuning an F10 ECU as a piggy back only tuning fuel with good reaction when changing the PW of the injectors. I have most of the tune refined, but if I hold the throttle to get the RPM up to 3000, the engine leans out past the widebands range (17+ AFR) and the engine boggs down to 2000 RPM. Sounds kind of like a hunting idle.

I attempted changing PW from 2000-3500 as I know that Haltech averages the numbers around the RPMs and I have to add a lot of extra fuel to get it to stop leaning out, at which point it is running too rich, something like 11.2 AFR.

To me, this sounds like a setting that I am missing somewhere, as it only does this in this range.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Phil.

bvega92

Re: Leaning at 3000 RPM

Postby bvega92 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:04 pm

I kniw its a few years down the line... did you ever resolved it?

the_big_dill wrote:Hi all,

New to the forums, need a little help with the tune.

I have been tuning an F10 ECU as a piggy back only tuning fuel with good reaction when changing the PW of the injectors. I have most of the tune refined, but if I hold the throttle to get the RPM up to 3000, the engine leans out past the widebands range (17+ AFR) and the engine boggs down to 2000 RPM. Sounds kind of like a hunting idle.

I attempted changing PW from 2000-3500 as I know that Haltech averages the numbers around the RPMs and I have to add a lot of extra fuel to get it to stop leaning out, at which point it is running too rich, something like 11.2 AFR.

To me, this sounds like a setting that I am missing somewhere, as it only does this in this range.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Phil.

Return to “Old Engine Management Systems”