Lancer EVO 1 Tuning help.

Presterone

Lancer EVO 1 Tuning help.

Postby Presterone » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:46 am

Plug and play elite 1000.Completely standard EVO 1 RS.

Started with tuning the base fuel map, every thing working out great for idle, part throttle and cruise. This issue I'm having is as soon as I go Wide open throttle the car just falls on its face and feels like something is holding it back from accelerating. When this problem occurs I have around 10psi of boost and 11.3-11.5 AFR. I do not believe the car is leaning out or anything like that. I've logged up to 50% throttle and gotten clean, strong pulls but as soon as you go close to WOT it hits a wall. I started to play around with timing tables while observing knock retard and seemed to make no difference. Swap in stock ECU and everything works fine. Have boost leak tested, checked base timing e.t.c

I feel like there is some table I should be tweaking, some setting or something I am overlooking that has to do with abrupt changes in throttle. Any insight is appreciated. The drag and drop and add attachment feature of this forum is not working or I would show you the map and submit a log. If anyone has any ideas on that as well I would appreciate it. I get an error message saying "invalid file extention"

Presterone

Re: Lancer EVO 1 Tuning help.

Postby Presterone » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:23 am

So I made a mistake setting the TDC offset angle, corrected that. Got car idling and when free revving,just sitting still the car starts building boost and the actual ignition timing angle does not correlate with what is shown in the base table. The timing is supposed to be at 30* for example at 2000rpm while still in vacuum and it drops to like 5* and starts to build boost, just like launch control is enabled although it is definitely not. I must have a weird timing correction table I need to tweak or Zero demand ignition table setting off. I WIll mess with it this weekend. Rick from U.S haltech has been super helpful over the phone.

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:57 pm

Call and get immediate help rather than wait for a forum reply where we dont know your setup anway. Just be with the car with internet on the laptop and we will solve it in a couple of minutes rather then you spend all weekend on it.

Presterone

Postby Presterone » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:18 am

Yes I understand. The only time I can get to the car is on the weekend due to my schedule, and thats when haltech u.s office is closed. So I've been calling rick, troubleshooting and reporting back. At this point I'm just documenting my findings for archive purposes incase anyone goes through the exact situation I am going through maybe it well help them.,

Azbanne

Postby Azbanne » Wed May 08, 2019 11:20 am

Was just about to comment to get someone to help you in person rather than online. You never know when a reply might come.

Hope you got it sorted.

Return to “Tuning Discussions”