Can Key Pad to control fan speed

R32Pandem

Can Key Pad to control fan speed

Postby R32Pandem » Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:56 am

Can anyone help me set up the can keypad and pd16 to control a fan speed. Basically I want to increase and decrease the speed of my heating fan using the can keypad and pd16.

At the moment I only know how to set up the can keypad so that each press of the increase turns on an output on the pd16 but I'd really want to have one output and each press of the up button increases the speed of the fan and each press of the decrease slows the fan down.

Any help appreciated

David

blakebonkofsky

Re: Can Key Pad to control fan speed

Postby blakebonkofsky » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:20 am

R32Pandem wrote:Can anyone help me set up the can keypad and pd16 to control a fan speed. Basically I want to increase and decrease the speed of my heating fan using the can keypad and pd16.

At the moment I only know how to set up the can keypad so that each press of the increase turns on an output on the pd16 but I'd really want to have one output and each press of the up button increases the speed of the fan and each press of the decrease slows the fan down.

Any help appreciated

David

Set up your keypad buttons as a Rotary Trim Module. Then use that input as an axis for duty cycle on your fan output. Here is a basic 3 speed example:

1trim.png

2trim.png

1GPO.png

Return to “Tuning Discussions”