Nissan Skyline R34 RB25DET cold start idle issue

salaausi

Nissan Skyline R34 RB25DET cold start idle issue

Postby salaausi » Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:27 am

Hello everyone,

I have attached a Datalog file which I did on cold start. Below I explained basically what happened.

When I start the car on cold start, the car starts and dies straight away. If the car needs to keep running, after I start I have to keep rev the car about 1500-2000 RPM for about 20 seconds. Then the car engine keeps running.

Could someone please check and let me know if you can fix this problem on my MAP.

I have attached a Map file and Datalog.

Here is the car mods:
Garret turbo Gtx3582r
Haltech Platinum Series ECU
650cc injectors
Blitz front mount return flow cooler
38mm ultragate external wastegate
T3 high mount manifold
Fuel pump walbro

Does it need to adjust more air/fuel or can I adjust idle valve on the map at cold start?

Cheers!
Base Map.rar
(16.44 KiB) Downloaded 42 times

JimKden

Re: Nissan Skyline R34 RB25DET cold start idle issue

Postby JimKden » Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:55 am

Suggestion. Save the map under a new name so the existing map is preserved.
Observations: It fires on a 25ms pulse then dies as soon as the injection pulse drops to about 3.6ms. The 25ms pulse is on the cranking table.
Increase max cranking speed in settings from 380 to about 600 rpm so it runs on the cranking map longer.

Post start table - First 3 rows, highlight the rows, the make an increase using the Percentage (P key) of about 200% to the values in each entire row. Linearize from he 3rd row down 2 rows, i.e. the 140 F row is not changed.

Watch the Post Start Table on the next cold start up. If it starts better but dies before the post start table times out, make changes as needed to the table.

Nurse it to warm up above 140F and tune the base fuel table for good idling.

On the next cold start watch the Coolant Temp Correction table after the Post Start Table times out and make changes for smooth running. By that time the A/F gauge should be telling which way to adjust the table.

Hope this helps. I'm not a pro tuner, just a hack???
Jim

salaausi

Postby salaausi » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:38 pm

Thanks Jim, I will try and update the result.

MauriceNavarrete

Postby MauriceNavarrete » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:24 pm

An announcement of the Baltic is done for the sharing for all people. Paths of the thesis proofreading services are invited for the chunks. The manner is filed for the Baltic usage by all levels for the turns for all people.

Return to “Tuning Discussions”