TIMING LIGHT Reviews (please share your experiences)

Caroro

Re: TIMING LIGHT Reviews (please share your experiences)

Postby Caroro » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:06 pm

I apologize for bump an old topic from the dead, just have a few interesting observations from personal experience, maybe someone will need this information in the future.The light I have is a an old one. Actually I have two, each a little different. Purchased from Holman Moody in the 70s while picking up some cams they were grinding. The wire going to the "pickup' has a quick disconnect and you can attach any one of three pickups that came with the light. One has the "clip" that goes around the plug wire( like most do). the other clips as you described between the plug an cap and the third is a real weird looking deal that I could never figure out so it has long been misplaced. Not having an educated understanding of what "inductive" may actually entirely mean as it applies to timing lights https://mechanicguides.com/best-timing- ... -ignition/, I don't know if changing the pickups changes the light from "inductive" to non-inductive or not. I don't really know. I do remember the booklet that came with them referenced "inductivity" but that was 30+ years ago and my memory is as short as my ............ . I truly could use a new light. This one has many many engine fan scars from trying to see grease covered timing marks over the years. No misinformation given on purpose. If I was in error, it was due to ignorance and not malice. All I truly know is , if I add the paper clip, it works very well, without it not so much. At least on these GX style engines..I like to watch YouTube videos of a similar subject when I'm looking for information about the right product. I hope this helps someone in the future. Good luck!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSAvJWY1ZcI

Return to “Tuning Discussions”