Beginer Questions to Learn - New Project

bvega92

Beginer Questions to Learn - New Project

Postby bvega92 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:58 am

Hello,

I'm looking for recommendations for a "hobby" project where I can destroy the engine and it is not a problem.

The goal is simple: learn to make my own mapping/tuning and develop custom hardware compatible with the haltech system (software/hardware developer here).

I have a Hyundai NU 2.0L and it is a electronic throttle, Dual CVVT with some engine work and pistons/rods made turbo. From which with these details, I imagine the correct model for my application is a 1500 series ECU (DBW).

I saw the "base map" thread but is there any tuning thread, video, book that can be recommended?

Thanks!

Orangeblue

Re: Beginer Questions to Learn - New Project

Postby Orangeblue » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:29 am

Did you downloaded the ESP Software, if not do so. In the Help (F1-key) is a tuning guide.

Check the Haltech YT channel lots of tech/set up FAQs.

HP Acadamy is the best most likely online source.., they have a YT too.

Documentation form the manufacturer for your car/engine, if you can get it.

If you have a tuner in your area, go talk to them, maybe if they are also unfamiliar with the Haltech partner up and learn together....
'92 Opel Omega Wagon
'94 Opel Astra 'vert

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:24 am

So long as it has port injection and is not a GDI or Atkinson version of the engine then you have a good starting point.

The only drawback is you are starting with a rare engine that virtually nobody modifies so help with it will be thin on the ground. I probably have more experience with a diverse range of engines that anyone I can think of and I have never seen one of those engines. That should raise alarm bells straight away.

bvega92

Postby bvega92 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:18 pm

A little follow up:

I'm almost there, having an issue somewhere but I've managed to get it running ONCE by pressing the APP while cranking :P

Dweller

Postby Dweller » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:22 pm

That's great! Good luck with your project and keep us posted!
Dreams come true here

Return to “Off-Topic”