Looking for alternative air temp sensors to the HT-010204

S2KCanuck

Looking for alternative air temp sensors to the HT-010204

Postby S2KCanuck » Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:16 pm

I'm looking for good, sturdy, reliable air temperature sensors that can be used with the Haltech Platinum Pro Plug-In ECU, with tables that already exist in the firmware, or tables that have been shared here in the forums.

Reason I am asking for advice here is because, the HT-010204 that I installed on my S2K about 3 months ago to deal with heat soaking issues, started malfunctioning. Getting readings from -10 celsius to 54 celsius in a couple of seconds, but mostly staying at -10 and having the car running very rich.
After doing some diagnosing, I found the sensor was rattling, I noticed the plastic cage that surrounds the element was lose. rotating the plastic cage 90 degrees made it tighter and reduced the rattling. The readings improved, but reading a bit higher than the correct temperature by 3-4 degrees. rotate another 90 degrees and the sensor started reading -10 again.

I have ordered another one from Haltech, but I'm worried that the quality might be the same. I also don't want to wait a couple of weeks or more to get my car back on the road. So I'm looking for something that I can obtain locally, in a matter of a few days, that is sturdy, and there are tables for it on the ECU.

Return to “Off-Topic”