Controlling VTEC on Honda 1.6 Sohc VTEC w/ E6S?

superstreetcivic

Controlling VTEC on Honda 1.6 Sohc VTEC w/ E6S?

Postby superstreetcivic » Fri Nov 09, 2001 6:38 am

I just recently purchased a 94 Civic Si with an E6S installed. Under further investigation, I discovered that the VTEC solinoid valve is being controlled by the shift light illumination function on the E6S. The shift light function is currently set on "disabled", so my Vtec isn't functioning at the moment...

Before I enable this current setup, I was curious if there is a better way to run the Vtec with the E6S?

The stock ECM controls the vtec based on RPM, engine load, vehicle speed, and coolant temperature. The only two Aux. options I've considered in running the vtec are:

Shift Light - RPM setting (currently set at 4000 rpms)
Dual Intake Valve Control - RPM on/RPM off settings

Is there a better way so I can engage the Vtec based on more than just rpm? (Both Aux. outs (2) are available)

Please, any advice is helpful... I'm somewhat new to this system...

superstreetcivic

Re: Controlling VTEC on Honda 1.6 Sohc VTEC w/ E6S?

Postby superstreetcivic » Sat Nov 17, 2001 4:17 pm

Nevermind.......

efilippou

Postby efilippou » Thu Jan 03, 2002 1:35 am

Did you find an answer? If you did, please let me know at: [email protected]

superstreetcivic

Postby superstreetcivic » Fri Jan 04, 2002 11:38 am

Since I didn't recieve any responses via this discussion board, I emailed Haltech direct. I recieved a response the next day. The only options are the ones I've already considered. (Shift light function or dual intake valve control) I went ahead and enabled the current shift light setup and it seems to work fine. I try not to rev above my rpm setting unless the car is warmed up and there is load on the engine.

tkkhoo92

Postby tkkhoo92 » Sat Jan 05, 2002 4:42 pm

If you have the E6K then there's a new firmware being developed which can activate VTEC based on RPM & load. It also has a dual map capability which makes VTEC activation at different points wouldn't affect the tuning of the engine. Again, this is for the E6K only.

Claudio Haltech

Postby Claudio Haltech » Fri Mar 08, 2002 4:16 am

Hello, dependeing on the firmware and software verson, you can also control the Vtec with the NOS switch, there you do have the Max and Min RPM, you have TPS position, among other variablse the Haltech would consider as parameters for firing the Relay to the Vtec solenoid.

Hope that helps.

Claudio Haltech

abethan

Postby abethan » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:49 am

hello, can you help me with the distribuitor/ ignition wiring in a B18C1 Vtec engine?

Return to “General Discussion (from EZBoard)”