Air Con Idle set up

Questions about the Platinum Sport series ECU settings or features? Ask here.
Bondie72

Air Con Idle set up

Postby Bondie72 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:56 pm

Hi,

My air con in the car is controled by its own circuitry so when I turn it on the pump kicks in and out and works fine. I want to increase the idle a little when the Aircon is on. In the Sport 2000 i have set up what i want it to do when Aircon is on in the idle settings. I have a "AC request" set up on Av13 so the ECU knows Airco has be activated. However nothing happens to the idle.

I have since been told to connect up and Out put "Air con output" but my understanding is this will control the aircon compressor when that function already happens. I don't need the ECU to control the air con, I just want it to know when its on and adjust idle.

Any help would be appreciated.

Martin

JimKden

Re: Air Con Idle set up

Postby JimKden » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:39 am

1. Is AVI3 wired to the A/C compressor clutch control wire?

2. Is the diagnostic page showing for AVI3 a voltage when the AC compressor clutch engages?

3. Do you have an rpm increase value set in the "A/C RPM Increment" box in the outputs Idle tab?

4. Do you have a % set in the "A/C Offset" box in the outputs Idle tab?

It worked for me.

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:29 am

The Sport is limited to being designed to handle the request and the compressor control. You need to set up an output to allow idle control with A/C.

Bondie72

Postby Bondie72 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:06 pm

JimKden wrote:1. Is AVI3 wired to the A/C compressor clutch control wire?

2. Is the diagnostic page showing for AVI3 a voltage when the AC compressor clutch engages?

3. Do you have an rpm increase value set in the "A/C RPM Increment" box in the outputs Idle tab?

4. Do you have a % set in the "A/C Offset" box in the outputs Idle tab?

It worked for me.

2. Av13 is connected to the AC Dash switch and not the actual compressor as that feed kicks in and out as it needs to.
3. Yes
4. Yes

I'm being told that the "Air Con Out" needs to be set in the Output section of the settings, what i'm yet to find out is that this only needs to be set and not actually wired in. Although i should be able to just try this.

JimKden

Postby JimKden » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:50 pm

If connected to the dash switch, the engine rpm will jump up and down as the compressor is engaged/disengaged. I added some % to the offset and it was a seamless compressor operation . I also didn't have any A/C set in the output.
Good Luck.

Bondie72

Postby Bondie72 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:24 pm

JimKden wrote:If connected to the dash switch, the engine rpm will jump up and down as the compressor is engaged/disengaged. I added some % to the offset and it was a seamless compressor operation . I also didn't have any A/C set in the output.
Good Luck.

Looks like I just need to enable AC ouput but not wire it up and then should work. But for best operation i should probably use the Compressor on feed for the AV13 AC request so it only ups Idle when compressor is on. Current set up will increase Idle if AC is on but compressor inst. Not a big issue. Thanks for your help

Bondie72

Postby Bondie72 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:41 pm

Bondie72 wrote:
JimKden wrote:If connected to the dash switch, the engine rpm will jump up and down as the compressor is engaged/disengaged. I added some % to the offset and it was a seamless compressor operation . I also didn't have any A/C set in the output.
Good Luck.

Looks like I just need to enable AC ouput but not wire it up and then should work. But for best operation i should probably use the Compressor on feed for the AV13 AC request so it only ups Idle when compressor is on. Current set up will increase Idle if AC is on but compressor inst. Not a big issue. Thanks for your help

All sorted now, just needed to set a Digital output to "AC Outoput" and it now works. As you did I needed a bit more offset to make it work. :)

Return to “Platinum Sport Series”