Pro Harness v1.10 Firmware - MAF limit bug

Questions about the Platinum Pro Harness 350Z and R35? Ask here.
rcdash

Pro Harness v1.10 Firmware - MAF limit bug

Postby rcdash » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:13 pm

After the upgrade from 1.06 to 1.10, my MAF sensor appears limited to about 3.4V. This has caused some issues with my stock ECU not seeing 100% load and causing the 5AT transmission to shift poorly under load. I have resorted to reflashing the stock ECU to correct for this. I have tried replacing the MAF as when I did the firmware upgrade, I immediately received several MAF CEL codes.

Also when trying to use the MAF output table to compensate and put out a voltage above 3.3v, for some reason the stock ECU is reading a base fuel schedule of 0, which is not good as it sends a calcuated load of 0 to the TCM.

HaltechAdam
Haltech Staff

Re: Pro Harness v1.10 Firmware - MAF limit bug

Postby HaltechAdam » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:32 am

Thanks for you post RCdash,
We investigated your issue and confirmed the bug.
A new firmware will be released to repair this early next week.
I will post it here when complete.
Cheers

rcdash

Postby rcdash » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:16 am

Great - looking forward to it. I spent a lot of time debugging this and was beginning to think I had a rag stuck in my charge pipe. For those of you who wish to test this, you can log C-MAF and CT-MAF. You will find C-MAF working correctly, but CT-MAF being limited to around 70 gm/sec. This is really only important for 5at owners since capping the MAF caps transmission line pressures, which means slipping/burning clutch packs...

Adam, if you can postulate any idea why the stock ECU might not like the fake MAF signal (sends base fuel schedule to 0 when throttle applied), I would appreciate it. I already have my temp sensor relocated, so I should have been able to fake the MAF signal based on MAP using the MAF output table. I can confirm the stock ECU is reading the MAF voltage that the Haltech is generating, but for some reason the BFS goes to zero when you apply throttle. This is bad as the calculated load goes to 0 and my transmission line pressure drops also.

HaltechAdam
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechAdam » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:58 am

Here is the new 1.10 firware for the 350Z to rectify this issue,
As for the stock ECU not liking the MAF signal, i'm at a loss here, it may be looking at another signal somewhere and realising that there is an issue? Try the new firmware and see if it helps?

Firmware

Cheers

rcdash

Postby rcdash » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:22 pm

I cannot access that file via the link provided (no permission to " preview drafts" is the error message). However Hal shared the new firmware 1.10.2 and it works, brilliantly... I never knew how important the stock ECU was for TCM operation! Appreciate the quick turn around.

Raj

HaltechAdam
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechAdam » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:42 pm

Link has been fixed sorry,
Thanks for letting us know about the bug and confirmed that it works.
Cheers

Return to “Platinum Pro Harness”