ECU can not be found

Questions about ECU Manager? Ask here.
Cooper Killen

ECU can not be found

Postby Cooper Killen » Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:19 am

Hi, Im new into this haltech world former tuned older cars with carburettors :D

Ok so now into my problem.

I had purcased a 3 yrs old Platinum Sport 1000 from a friend because he is uppgrading his Volvo 740 tic.

The PS1000 run well in the Volvo but now when installed in my car it wont work.

I ve tried different computers win7 and win10 and also different usb cables, i get the "ding" when conect the usb, but the ecu manager will start up correctly but when I try to connect it only says ECU can not be found. The top blue lamp starts up on the ECU but nothing else happens. I ve also open the ecu but cant find any thing wrong. Also tried the ECU both in the car and disconnected from the car and bench tested.

Now my question is, whats next to do, could it be faulty drivers in laptop or is the ecu blown.

Can I do any testing to solve problems before i sent it in for repair.

Best regards,

Kristofer in Sweden

JimKden

Re: ECU can not be found

Postby JimKden » Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:02 am

I'm sort of poking in the dark, but is your friend available for him to try to connect. That would show if the ECU is ok. It's been a while since I worked with a Platinum, but there was later software released since that time. Compare the version of software you have to your friends.

Cooper Killen

Re: ECU can not be found

Postby Cooper Killen » Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:26 am

No, we cant test his computer as you suggest because the software was delited when he put an other ecu in his car. :cry:

But we tried his computer also with latest software and it says the same as the others.

Other ideas?

Return to “ECU Manager”