rev matching downshifts?

Questions about the Platinum Pro Plug-in ECU's? Ask here.
rcdash

rev matching downshifts?

Postby rcdash » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:50 am

Is it possible to establish a brief throttle blip on shifts given access to a clutch switch input?

rcdash

Re: rev matching downshifts?

Postby rcdash » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:31 am

This standalone unit has full dbw control and no way to blip the throttle based on a signal???

rcdash

Postby rcdash » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:49 pm

bump for Haltech Matthew to say "Yep! Sorry! Out of luck!"

PS. I did think about a large orifice solenoid valve plumbed into the intake manifold after the throttle body, but how could I get it to disengage after a set time period once the clutch is pressed in? Have a clutch signal - need a timed output on a generic switch... It would be better if it just had some logic to target the correct rpm based on rpms being low (so not upshifting) and incorporating current wheel speed and predefined gear ratios.

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:29 pm

Yep! Sorry! Out of luck! :D

You would need it to know you are not going up gears. Not as easy as it first seems, and RPM only is not a true indication. Current hardware does not allow it while maintaining all safety factors within the system.

rcdash

Postby rcdash » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:51 am

I suppose you need a proper gear position sensor (like the 370z has)...

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:23 am

Exactly, it needs to know the position before engaging the clutch/drive otherwise it does not know what rpm to obtain.

rcdash

Postby rcdash » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:51 am

That said, if while the clutch was down if the rpm could have an adjustable "floor" that would be very simple and almost as good. Set for 4k rpm target while clutch switch pressed and I think it would be smoother than my clumsy attempts at a heel toe!

Donn29

Postby Donn29 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:16 am

I think it could be fairly simple. "When clutch is first pushed in" plus "is the engine speed dropping" and add in a normal/rev match operation switch(like the Haltech antilag has). When those are true, set the idle to a high engine speed for a short period of time, or say a quick bounce to 70% throttle opening for as long as it takes to get there and then back to whatever is needed to idle. Doesn't need to be exact. I don't know exactly how much throttle is needed to on my stock car, I just hit the throttle and jump back to the brakes.

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:13 am

But are you going up or down gears... still not easy or natural feeling. I agree it would be great but it is not an easy thing to do.

You can use Rally Antilag to do a similar thing if you want to try. Just don't use so much retard. It will hold the throttle at a certain value (idle value position) when the conditions are met.

rcdash

Postby rcdash » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:45 am

Interesting suggestion, thank you. Tying the clutch switch to the anti-lag rally switch could perhaps make this work.

So the idle value position is equivalent to the throttle position sensor to which you wish to briefly pop it open... nice. Would take some trial and error but once set would be predictable at least.

Could you clarify if the Ignition Timing ATDC is really an absolute number after top dead center? The rest of the timing parameters in the Haltech are based off BTDC so... -15 degrees for ATDC would be 15 degrees BTDC and would mean relatively "normal" (slightly retarded) timing typical of boosted engines. Just confirming that this value is not an offset to base timing?

De_End

Postby De_End » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:39 pm

Could you set this up on a FD3S is has both clutch and gear sensor?

Return to “Platinum Pro Plug-in”