R32 gtr platinum pro wb1 dtc

Questions about the Platinum Pro Plug-in ECU's? Ask here.
Tommyc88

R32 gtr platinum pro wb1 dtc

Postby Tommyc88 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:29 pm

I just bought and installed a Haltech platinum pro with the Haltech wb1 (pn HT-159976). I hooked the 2 open wires to ground and a 12 volt switched wire as per the quick start guide. Upon start up I always have the dtc U1133. I’ve tried erasing it but upon next start up it comes back. My wideband appears to be working fine other than this error.

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Re: R32 gtr platinum pro wb1 dtc

Postby HaltechMatthew » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:01 am

The switched source that you have chosen just happens to get power a little slower than the ECU does. The ECU powers first and is looking for the wideband which has not powered yet. It is not a problem and you can ignore it if it is working normally otherwise.

Tommyc88

Postby Tommyc88 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:03 pm

Matthew,
Thank you for the reply. I thought everything was working as normal but after about 2 or 3 weeks I decided to recheck everything and my WB is in fact not operating properly. Does the power source matter, as in does it need to come from the ignition and not be interrupted during engine start or can an accessory wire that is interrupted during engine start suffice?
My ecu is now telling me that the decive is not found but the controller is getting very warm. Also, can i use pin 16 of the rear auxillary connector to power a relay for the WB or tap into pin 45 of the main ecu harness to ensure that I don't have any power interruptions? I also have gauges that do power on tests and its really annoying that they turn off during start and have to do power on tests before I get any readings.
Car is a 92 GTR btw.
Thank you,
Thomas Cornelison

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:59 pm

It needs to have ignition power, so it needs to stay on during cranking.

Yes you can use the aux connector to switch a relay. Same for the CAN wiring itself. I use that power to switch a relay on my own car.

Tommyc88

Postby Tommyc88 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:06 am

@HaltechMatthew,
are you saying that I can connect the power wire of the wideband to the rear aux connector? I have since installed a relay on a dedicated ignition circuit that i am designating for gauges and my wideband. I have tested it with my gauges and have confirmed that the come on with the ignition and remain on during the cranking cycle. I have sent my wideband to haltech for repair/diagnosis as well.

Return to “Platinum Pro Plug-in”