Z32 with a 24+1 disc inside the OEM CAS

Questions about the Platinum Pro Plug-in ECU's? Ask here.
BlackZ32

Z32 with a 24+1 disc inside the OEM CAS

Postby BlackZ32 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:50 am

Hi Everyone:

I am trying to isolate a problem since a long time ago. A brand new Haltech Platinum Proplugin was purchased a lot of things done to try to solve the problem and still dealing like a nightmare. The RPMs are jumping while idling, accelerating or whatever. There are short moments in which they will not jump. But most of the time they will. So that , and I guess is related to that sign, if I do not push the throttle in a progressive way, car will bounce while moving or fail while idling.

I purchased a brand new CAS and nothing happened. I sent the computer to the USA people that sold it to me for testing and it worked but they use they personal CAS with a 24+1 , so that d like to test with a similar one, before going a crank trigger.

So that I have the possibility to test a z32 24+1 AEM disc inside an OEM CAS, can anyone tell me if I will also would need to reverse de green and red signal wires or if it should start only by setting the proper degrees?

This is really a nightmare everything is brand new and I cannot discover the issue.

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Re: Z32 with a 24+1 disc inside the OEM CAS

Postby HaltechMatthew » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:14 am

What you are describing is not a normal thing to happen. The RPM will only jump if the 6-slot pickup is either vibrating or the optical unit is not functioning correctly. Drive system slack will also cause issues, so too will large aggressive camshafts. The issue is common to all Nissans using the same optical pickup and is nothing to do with the ECU itself which only deals with the signal it is sent.

IMHO, go with a crank trigger anyway. Every single VG, RB, or SR that I have dealt with that has moved to a crank based pickup has run smoother and made more power than those that stick with the 1980's designed cam trigger system.

Anyone who argues to keep the cam based trigger system does not truly understand what is happening, no matter whether they keep the Nissan disc or move to another brand disc with a different pattern, which does not solve the true cause of the problems. The pattern itself is not the problem. Also beware of remanufactered CAS units which can have alignment problems between the two pickups which will cause issues as well.

BlackZ32

Postby BlackZ32 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:43 am

Thanks. I really need assistance as a loyal Haltech customer.

A thing to now is that my car works with another programmable ECUs but still want to make it work with yours, not only due to will require new investment from me, but also cos I consider Haltech superior. I have also purchased the gauge can and ethanol sensors, dual wide bands and 4 bar sensors.

So to check what the issue was I went for a brand new z32 CAS and still the same jumping tacho and bouncing problem when pushing the pedal (far away from heavy load, car cannot catch turbo states yet). So that I discarded the CAS issue. I mean my old CAS or the new CAS I bought with the OEM ECU will work so that it would be a matter of the OEM CAS and the Haltech ECU combination, at least in my case. As I stated, I was borrowed with the another brand computer sold for this car, and using the 24+1 I have now car started and worked perfectly, and my personal computer was tested with a 24+1 -custom for this cars- (not in the original CAS, but still in the cam) in the workshop I was sold with this and worked perfectly too in their z32. Would like to see a Z32 with an OEM cas and a Haltech working for my own sake.

So that I concluded the problem is in the OEM disc, so that asking assistance to try to make it work with this 24+1 one, to later jump to a crank based trigger. Yes as I understood more power , more steady signal and also safer (avoiding belt stretching) is the result of that upgrade. Will do if for sure I guess. But now , would like to make it start wit this to conclude that was the real issue. Any clue to assist?

ps: I have JWT R5 cams and springs , but still hydraulic lifters. Not sure if you consider this aggressive.

BlackZ32

Postby BlackZ32 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:32 am

Seems there is no reply to my post. However will pick the trigger kit I consider the best and will report back.

Wonder why the input from the original CAS is accepted the proplugin if it´s considered unreliable.

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:37 am

Call and do a remote connection with one of us. It will be way quicker than trying to guess why your trigger system is not behaving.

BlackZ32

Postby BlackZ32 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:36 am

Issue was solved and was non Haltech related. Thanks.

Return to “Platinum Pro Plug-in”