Blue and red led flashing, car wont start

Questions about the Platinum Pro Plug-in ECU's? Ask here.
Sanch_s14

Blue and red led flashing, car wont start

Postby Sanch_s14 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:37 am

I have the platnium pro plug and play ecu in my 95 240sx with a rb25det s2 swap. Car ran fine a few months ago, tried to start it today and it wouldnt fire up. When i turn the key to the on position i can hear the fuel pump prime, however it doesnt stop priming. Fuel pressure is a steady 43psi while priming. Then when firing the ignition it just turns over and wont fire up. Both the check engine light and the blue and red leds on the platnium pro are flashing when its in the on position. I hooked my laptop up to the ecu and it took about 5 min to connect (usually took about 30 sec before) and after it finally did connect the only issue i could see was that it cant find my wideband sensor. (just says searching but never finds it) and on the advanced tab it shows a red bar on the wideband with an error message saying to connect it. Also the red led light on my wb1 box does not light up. Nothing has been touched since it last ran. All grounds are good, no leaks on fuel lines. So im leaning towards a faulty wb1 controller. Just looking for some insight on this, will a faulty wb1 box cause my fuel pump to endlessly prime, and give these symptoms?

Sanch_s14

Re: Blue and red led flashing, car wont start

Postby Sanch_s14 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:54 am

Update:
Purchased a brand new wb1 controller (one of the last ones avaliable to my knowledge since they're being phased out) still no change. The red led on the wb1 still wont light up, car still wont start, red and blue leds still flashing like crazy with key in on position. Can confirm wb1 is getting 12v as tested with multimeter into the harness. I have the can connection wire hooked straight into the platnium pro. Does the ecu need to communicate with the wb1 in order for the led to light up? Is this an ecu issue, does it need to be repaired? Would it cause the fuel pump issue im having? Im at a loss trying to figure out the issue and dont wanna keep throwing random parts at it to fix it. Any help or feedback is much appreciated, thanks

JimKden

Postby JimKden » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:31 am

Sanch_s14 wrote:Update:
Does the ecu need to communicate with the wb1 in order for the led to light up? Is this an ecu issue, does it need to be repaired? Would it cause the fuel pump issue im having?

I'm just a user, but you can disconnect the WB and test for powering up.

The pump running constantly probably is because the ECU doesn't fully finish the boot up.

Sanch_s14

Postby Sanch_s14 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:16 am

JimKden wrote:I'm just a user, but you can disconnect the WB and test for powering up.

The pump running constantly probably is because the ECU doesn't fully finish the boot up.

Thanks for the reply! Test the wb for powering up or test the ecu for powering up? If you mean the wb1 do I just jump a 12v power to the #1 pin and ground the #12 ground pin? To me the more i dive into this the more it seems like an ecu issue because the ecu will not communicate with the wb at all. It also takes a solid 5-7 minutes to connect my laptop to the ecu now and when it is connected it will drop the connection every few seconds for a milisecond then reconnect. It never used to do that and always connected in like 30 seconds or less. You may be correct about the ecu not finishing boot up, is there anyway to look for that? Once i am loaded in on my laptop all my senors are reading good, besides the wb1 not being found. But no dtcs, Even the fuel pressure sensor is reading 43psi but it wont stop priming it.

JimKden

Postby JimKden » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:31 am

I meant to try powering up the ECU with the WB disconnected from the ECU. That might tell if the WB is affecting the ECU.

Sanch_s14

Postby Sanch_s14 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:47 am

JimKden wrote:I meant to try powering up the ECU with the WB disconnected from the ECU. That might tell if the WB is affecting the ECU.

Yeah tried that too, didnt make any difference.

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:25 pm

Sounds like you are missing a power or ground supply to the ECU. THe pinout is in the software in the help section. Every wire that says it should have power or ground, should have it. There are a number of them so be sure to check them all.

Sanch_s14

Postby Sanch_s14 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:36 pm

HaltechMatthew wrote:Sounds like you are missing a power or ground supply to the ECU. THe pinout is in the software in the help section. Every wire that says it should have power or ground, should have it. There are a number of them so be sure to check them all.

Thanks for the reply! I will check the harness connections tomorrow with my multimeter and report back. Hoping its just something as simple as that. Just strange to me because the car ran flawlessly before and i let it sit for a 2 weeks and this happened.

Sanch_s14

Postby Sanch_s14 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:59 am

Finally got some time and good weather to go try and work on this problem ive been having. Ok so far ive tested every single fuse (engine bay and kick plate) all are good except 100a fuse is alittle burnt but still tested good and isnt an open circuit (just ordered a replacement 100a fuse) I tested pins 49 and 50 got 0.07 millivolt reading same on 59 and 60. Pins 58 to 60 was around 250 milivolts, which im not sure is enough? Considering its the power supply from the battery. Should i be jumping 58 to all other grounds to test? Also something new happened while i was messing with the 100a fuse. Now randomly theres a relay clicking by the kick pannel that clicks super fast with the engine light. The fuel pump relay is doing it aswell, so the fuel pump turns on and off rapidly with the clicks. Nothing else seemed to change besides that.

Sanch_s14

Postby Sanch_s14 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:56 am

Update:
Think ive got it narrowed down to pin 50 and 58. Ecu does not seem to be getting enough power from the main power supply, if pin 58 is the main power supply. And pin 50 seems to not be grounded right. Ive also pulled my spark plugs just to see if im getting spark and im not, both the ignition grounds are good (pin 10 and 20) so im assuming its because the ecu isnt getting enough power at this point. Should it be getting constant 12v thru pin 58? Because im not even seeing 1 volt.

Return to “Platinum Pro Plug-in”