(SOLVED) ecu seeing lower voltage than battery output

Questions about the Platinum Pro Plug-in ECU's? Ask here.
yorhomierussian

(SOLVED) ecu seeing lower voltage than battery output

Postby yorhomierussian » Sun May 03, 2020 10:00 am

This issue is with an evo 9. Battery is new, putting out 12.7 volts. ecu showing 10,7v no matter what i do. This is at ACC and while running. Car is inevitably running rich because injector dead time is off. Voltage at positive back probed shows 12.7. Voltage drop test with acc on: positive wires pin 47 58mv, 56 58mv, backup positive wire 60 35mv, negative wires 46 18mv, 58 18mv. +5 reference is at 7.2v at acc. What am i missing here!? Thanks yall!

Nissanman

Re: ecu seeing lower voltage than battery output

Postby Nissanman » Sun May 03, 2020 11:21 am

Supply seems to be good, check the integrity of the ground connection(s) .
Use your DVM on the Ohms range and read the resistance of the ECU ground pins to battery ground :idea:
Nissanman, just trying to help.....

yorhomierussian

Postby yorhomierussian » Mon May 04, 2020 11:17 am

Thanks for your reply. I measured resistance, and I am sitting at .6 ohm key off 20 ohms when key is on. This is with harness unplugged. 20 ohm is a red flag, i believe acceptable number is under 5 correct?

yorhomierussian

Postby yorhomierussian » Mon May 04, 2020 11:34 am

I have figured out the issue! Car is on VE and i had my MAF plugged in still to be able to swap to my oem ecu if need be. It had to be disabled to not be referenced by the haltech ecu, it seems to be. Or the MAF itself is shorted somehow. I disabled it and voltage jumped back up to normal value. :D

Return to “Platinum Pro Plug-in”