350z main setup differnces

Questions about the Platinum Pro Plug-in ECU's? Ask here.
Enriquez2000

350z main setup differnces

Postby Enriquez2000 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:08 pm

i downloaded the tune loaded in the ecu. The main setup page is different then the base map I have for a procharger saved in my computer.

Specifically the map selection. On the procharger map it says internal. On the ecu it says map 1 or map 2..

My questions are
1 why are they different?
2 which map should I select with the tune on the ecu now?

Tommy Shelby

Re: 350z main setup differnces

Postby Tommy Shelby » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:32 pm

When VE tuning you need a manifold pressure reading for the ECU to do fuel calculations.

But the ECU allows you to have multiple MAP sensors. For example, you could use the onboard pressure sensor for one MAP reading, and manifold pressure sensor connected to an analogue input for another.

1.png

The ECU doesn't know which one it's supposed to use for the fuel calculations, so you need to tell it. That's what the Primary MAP Sensor setting is for.

2.png

In your case you need to figure out if/how the ECU is getting it's MAP reading. If you only have one MAP input then it's easy, just go find it in your inputs page and then select that as your Primary MAP Sensor. From memory the 350z doesn't have a factory MAP sensor so you'll either be running a vacuum line to the onboard pressure sensor or you'll have installed a MAP sensor and connected it to one of the AVIs. If you've done neither then your car isn't going to run with a VE tune for reasons stated above.

Enriquez2000

Postby Enriquez2000 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:34 am

No i get all that...

I have 2 different base files.. one that came on ecu

Another for boosted

The main setup pages are completely different and im trying to figure out why. I know how to set the parameters of each, just not sure why they are not the same

Enriquez2000

Postby Enriquez2000 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:59 am

Here is the 2 different main set up pages
Attachments
20200811_195501_copy_477x1008.jpg
20200811_195549_copy_477x1008.jpg

Tommy Shelby

Postby Tommy Shelby » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:10 pm

Sorry, I thought the confusion came from that setting. I see what you meant now.

Those maps are different because the ECUs were running different firmware. See how the old one from your PC is V1.10 and the one downloaded from your ECU is V1.13? That's the reason why the new one has a different setup page with all the new settings.

You can import maps from older firmware in ECU manager to upload to the ECU. You click file > import. If you want to use the old tune, that's what you'll need to do. Btw, Your old map has a VE tune and the ECU looks like it came pre-loaded with the MAF base map.

What's the plan for the car? If it's going to get a VE tune you should either use the old map or start with the VE base map from ..\Documents\Haltech\ECU Maps\Nissan\Z33

Enriquez2000

Postby Enriquez2000 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:44 pm

That makes sense!

Itll be VE tuned

It was on uprev with a crappy piggy back fuel system so i didnt put the haltech in until recently when i spun a pulley and had to send the unit in to procharger.

I had no way to fix the uprev tune since the old owner had paid someone to do it and I had the haltech.

I made a quick ecu swap and dialed in the maf for driveability for now. Ill switch it over to VE when I have a day to do so. Ill take a look at that file... im just using what was on the ecu with my maf smoothing.. no real performance tweaks. That will come when the procharger is back on.

Thank you for the help its much appreciated!

Return to “Platinum Pro Plug-in”