connectivity issue with i\o expansion box

Questions about the Elite Series ECU's? Ask here.
larnor

connectivity issue with i\o expansion box

Postby larnor » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:10 am

i'm running a elite 2500 with a i\o expansion box connected with the supplied cable to the aux can connector on the elite,which should work fine.
however the i\o box doesn't seem to want to connect or the software can't find it. allthough i suspect the cable may be the issue (looks fine on the surface), i figured i'd ask for troubleshooting tips before i throw money at a new cable

aus jd 2703

Re: connectivity issue with i\o expansion box

Postby aus jd 2703 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:33 am

what colour are the plugs on the end of the cable?

the start and the end cables of can bus need terminating resistors.
i believe the end in the IO box should be black

larnor

Postby larnor » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:27 pm

aus jd 2703 wrote:what colour are the plugs on the end of the cable?

the start and the end cables of can bus need terminating resistors.
i believe the end in the IO box should be black

It's the black tyco 8-pin to 4 pin deutsh cable that came with the box, i had it working fine on my previous project.
are the resistors hidden inside the cable sleeve? just in case it may have been damaged in between i removed it from the old car and installed into the new one i'm working on.

the loom is already wired in with the necessary power feed and so on,and the power and indicator LED on the i\o box does light up when the ignition is turned on,so i'm kinda stumped as to why it wouldn't work

blakebonkofsky

Postby blakebonkofsky » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:52 am

Is the IO box the only CAN device you have?

I assume you are using the CAN port on the front of the ECU, and not connected to the 2 main ECU connectors? Is the Haltech CAN bus set to the Aux CAN port and not Main Connectors?

larnor

Postby larnor » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:39 am

blakebonkofsky wrote:Is the IO box the only CAN device you have?

I assume you are using the CAN port on the front of the ECU, and not connected to the 2 main ECU connectors? Is the Haltech CAN bus set to the Aux CAN port and not Main Connectors?

no,i also have a single-band wideband controller and a obd2 connector,all going through a 4-way haltech splitter.
I am using the aux can connector off of the universal wiring loom,and the Haltech can bus is indeed set to Aux can port. Had it set up the same way on my previous project,and it worked perfectly fine

blakebonkofsky

Postby blakebonkofsky » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:22 am

larnor wrote:
blakebonkofsky wrote:Is the IO box the only CAN device you have?

no,i also have a single-band wideband controller and a obd2 connector,all going through a 4-way haltech splitter.
I am using the aux can connector off of the universal wiring loom,and the Haltech can bus is indeed set to Aux can port. Had it set up the same way on my previous project,and it worked perfectly fine

So are you using the AUX port on the front of the ECU (The DTM4 connector), or the port on the wiring harness (Main ECU connectors)?

Return to “Elite Series”