Trigger sync issue after firmware update 2.35 > 2.36

Questions about the Elite Series ECU's? Ask here.
balenomark

Trigger sync issue after firmware update 2.35 > 2.36

Postby balenomark » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:29 am

Hi all,

I'm running an Elite 1500 on a Suzuki J23 engine, using the Haltech default Nissan CA18 (late model) trigger type for over a year now without any issues. After updating to any firmware version above 2.35 i get a trigger sync error and the engine wont start. Downgrading back to 2.35 and it runs fine again. I've had a quick look at the patch notes but could not see anything that would affect my setup.
Other things i tried:
- Disabling quick start
- Reloading the map to ecu after updating firmware
- Disabling all but core engine functions

Also checked the main setup for changes after updating but everything shows exactly the same.
I was hoping it might be a bug that would be fixed in a newer version but any version above 2.35 gives the exact same problem.
maybe i'm just missing something very simple, hope you guys could help me out.

Thanks in advance,

JimKden

Re: Trigger sync issue after firmware update 2.35 > 2.36

Postby JimKden » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:37 am

You are not alone. I had the same thing happen and backed off to 2.35 also. My crankshaft wheel is a universal 36-1 and a VR pickup. Looking at the update notes, I don't see anything that benefits me, but I always had suspicions with previous firmware versions that there are other fixes/changes not described.
I don't know of any solution.

JimKden

Postby JimKden » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:41 am

More firmware updates were released and I couldn't start after trying those also. So I called Haltech USA help. The rep knew exactly what to fix my tune file, that was to turn off the edge rejection ratio. Apparently there was a change not described in the description of changes for the new firmware. I thank them for the help.

balenomark

Postby balenomark » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:51 am

Just had another go at upgrading the firmware, turned off edge rejection and it fired right up :)

Thanks a lot for the info, much appreciated.

MauriceNavarrete

Postby MauriceNavarrete » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:19 pm

Firmware writing and setting is displayed for the use of the offers. The ability to pay someone to write a research paper is field for the citizens. Change is adapted for the structures of the firmware for the long range for the citizens.

Return to “Elite Series”