Closed Loop Boost Control - Not accessing closed loop base table?

Questions about the Elite Series ECU's? Ask here.
Simmo7

Closed Loop Boost Control - Not accessing closed loop base table?

Postby Simmo7 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:13 am

I have an FD RX7 set up on flex fuel (E0 - E65) and for whatever reason in closed loop, the solenoid won’t command the duty required to generate more than 16psi +/- (target 22psi on E65).

Set up details:
Elite 2500 on Nexus Software
EFR8374 utilising the stock BW solenoid
Twin Turbosmart 40mm gates/14psi springs.
Solenoid plumbed to the bottom ports via a tee/top ports vented.

In open loop, the base duty set up by my tuner is pretty good/within 1 psi most of the time. In open loop we have it commanding 16psi on pump, increasing to 22psi on E65 or greater. We've replicated this open loop table into the closed loop base table.

The ECU is registering the target as 22psi, and the appropriate error (6-7psi +/-). However, it's not commanding any more duty off the closed loop base table to correct for this error.

To help diagnose, I've set the P I and D to zero, to get the boost control to run solely off the base closed loop table, but I’m still stuck on 16psi.
I have played about with the max derivative and control point offsets also, to no avail. Can anyone suggest some good starting points here for this setup? Failing that, I think there must be an issue with my table set up?

I've tried to attached a couple of logs, what file format is the forum looking for?

JimKden

Re: Closed Loop Boost Control - Not accessing closed loop base table?

Postby JimKden » Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:35 am

zip upload files.

Simmo7

Re: Closed Loop Boost Control - Not accessing closed loop base table?

Postby Simmo7 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:11 am

Updated log below.

Oddly, for the first couple of pulls (when not logging) I saw 20+ psi on the IC7, but it wouldn't then replicate.
Attachments
PCLog_2022-01-23_0933am.zip
(394.41 KiB) Downloaded 18 times

Return to “Elite Series”