Elite 1500, feedback, input and advise needed.

Questions about the Elite Series ECU's? Ask here.
Orangeblue

Re: Elite 1500, feedback, input and advise needed.

Postby Orangeblue » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:00 am

Got the chance to do more work on the map.

Got the wideband bung welded in, AEM X series.., works but not a fan of it. Will only work if connected directly to the battery.
I wired it to the cigarette lighter plug but it will not power on.., so i'll get a WB1 sooner then later i guess...

In the last post i mentioned the idle would surge pretty bad, i got that figured out...
I had set the Minimum Idle Control Output to high, was 45-40 should be 35%.
Base table was also set to high, about 55 to75. Now is about 40 to 50%.
And it got not enough fuel, i targeted Lambda 1 (14.7 AFR), now i have it target 0.88 Lambda.
What may contributed to the idle surge was me playing with the P I D tables.., now i set P and D to 0
and played worked with Integral which these 2 wire BAC seem to want to be adjusted with...

Anyhow it idles smooth now at about 830 to 875 (or there about, that's what i could see...) at about 0.88 Lambda.
Idle long term trim shows +/- 5% which i claim a win for someone without that much of a clue.

What i would want to is it to idle at Lambda 1.., but if i set it over the Target Lambda table you can feel the
car missing, not dramaticly but sitting in it you can feel it vibrating. With the original ECU it does that too.
So there is stuff to figure out...

Hot start fuel seems to be good now to.

I was able to slowly rev it to about 2500 rpm, if i would quickly push the throttle it will stumble and die.
So i have to read up on the transient throttle settings, form what i gattered i need to play with the inj pulses and the
amount of enrichement.

Also what needs to get sorted is the ignition timing, as i could not find informations on how to set up or calculate
save values.., any info on that would be greatly appreciated. :D

Sorry for the wall of text...
'92 Opel Omega Wagon
'94 Opel Astra 'vert

Orangeblue

Postby Orangeblue » Thu May 28, 2020 3:17 am

Wb1 arrived not to long ago.

I didn't think it would arrive as fast as it did, European distribution center works wonders i guess, only 6 days.
Also i didn't expect it to have a aluminium case! Very nice. Also it was 80 bucks cheaper then anywere else.
Not a fan of these deutsch connectors, they seem to have a terrible fit inside the case and came apart on me...

Wired in the power harness, had to go with the front CAN port for now. I'll change that in the "production" version of the patch harness.
Still need to mount properly inside the cabin.

Also got myself a tacho adapter since the stock tacho need a inductive signal and the Elite puts out a square wave/PWM style signal.

I have a few days off may get myself busy in the garage...
'92 Opel Omega Wagon
'94 Opel Astra 'vert

Orangeblue

Postby Orangeblue » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:32 pm

Still at it if anyone wonders.

Progress has been slow.., work, life, the whole virus thing.., adulting i guess.

Anyway, got the patch harness mostly done, have to wire in the tacho output adapter.
And had the manifold welch plug adapter made by my neighbour, side note i just gave him a spare
manifold not even the sensor i'd use without much info how i want it done (MY "mistake").
The adapter is perfect, like production piece perfect! Gotta love people that know their trade.

If all goess well, i'll have it in for good in a few months...
Then it's next thing going, DBW. I was able to get a DBW throttlebody from brazil, which is a direct bolt on...
Big thing i know :wink:

See ya'll later.
'92 Opel Omega Wagon
'94 Opel Astra 'vert

cbDrift

Postby cbDrift » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:23 pm

Please keep posting - this is all good stuff :)

Congrats on start and idle stuff - maybe you can trawl through some similar engines from the default maps and lift out some settings / ideas on how to setup some features your fiddling with - altho at a guess - youve done this from the sorts of stuff your already doing with your tinkering :)

Keep up the good work :) Its a great learning experience (cant call it a toy - the partners get annoyed then - gotta justify things lol)

Return to “Elite Series”