100 series landcuiser, 2uz-fe. Can i piggyback an elite series.

Questions about the Elite Series ECU's? Ask here.
BoostedGibby

100 series landcuiser, 2uz-fe. Can i piggyback an elite series.

Postby BoostedGibby » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:51 pm

Hey I'm new and if I break any rules I apologise in advance.

I have a 100 series landcruiser and i have rebuilt the engine, fitted larger injectors and twin turbos. Running 14lb external wastegates.

Normally people fit the Xede piggyback when they supercharge the 2uz, but i think it will struggle with this setup.

So what I want to know is since I want to keep the factory automatic transmission and cruise control can i use a 2000 series as a piggyback?

If so guidance would be appreciated.

If i can't piggyback it what options do i have without making my dash a Christmas tree.

GreenDragon

Re: 100 series landcuiser, 2uz-fe. Can i piggyback an elite series.

Postby GreenDragon » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:08 am

First off - That sounds like an interesting build and I would love a link if you're sharing it somewhere online.

Secondly - I have a Lexus GS300 of similar, perhaps, vintage. 1999. I utilized a piggy-backed Haltech Elite 2000 to drive it's turbocharged engine. It's piggybacked with a Japanese-spec ECU out of an Aristo, which is the Japanase equivalent of the Lexus GS platform here in the states. In doing so, I have been able to retain control of the body, drive by wire, and transmission functions via the stock computer, and I've given control of the engine functions over to the Haltech. Luckily Boomslang made a purpose-built harness for my application. This ensured that certain signals were split and shared where needed, between the stock ECU and the Haltech. You'll be very lucky if you find such a harness available for your application. So you may need to get a custom harness built or build one yourself, if capable.

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:05 pm

Yes you can do that with an Elite 2000 and there are many that have before.

With auto trans support a planned future update it may not be that long until you can take over full control anyway.

Doopah

Postby Doopah » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:17 pm

I am about to supercharge my 100 series, my 03 non VVTI 2UZ-FE has DBW. is this supported by the Elite 2000?

Return to “Elite Series”