Haltech ELite 2500 ecu temp

Questions about the Elite Series ECU's? Ask here.
edmundturner

Haltech ELite 2500 ecu temp

Postby edmundturner » Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:16 pm

Hi all, I have a Elite 2500 install in a BMW E36 stock ecu location which is in the engine bay inside the firewall. Due to hot summer days >36C days here and driving in traffic jams, I noticed the Haltech internal ECU temp reaches 80C+ which triggered a DTC. I am planing to put a small fan to circulate air to the unit.

I tried looking thru the forums and ESP help files but couldnt find any info on the ecus operating tempreatures. My question, how hot can these ecus operate in and what is the limits of safe operations?

JimKden

Re: Haltech ELite 2500 ecu temp

Postby JimKden » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:46 am

I haven't seen much activity on this board from the staff at Haltech, so an inquiry to Haltech from the main web site would get response. The answer to your question is very important information.
If you would, kindly post their response here for benefit of all.

edmundturner

Postby edmundturner » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:23 pm

Hi Jim, Thanks for the advice. Yes , I will update this thread once I get the correct info.

cheers mate.

edmundturner

Postby edmundturner » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:08 am

FYI update from Haltech support for reference;

"You have seen that the ECU will let you know when the internal temp of the board reaches temperatures of 80 degrees C +
The ECU will still keep Operating well beyond that, not a problem.

You may find that you will not be able to communicate with the ECU on your laptop if it goes above 90 Degrees C - This is normal, as the part responsible for the Communication will turn off " .

Return to “Elite Series”