Ez30 trigger, home, and wideband issues

Questions about the Elite Series ECU's? Ask here.
kito-818

Ez30 trigger, home, and wideband issues

Postby kito-818 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:55 pm

I am about at my wits end with this car, ez30 from a JDM MY05 Legacy/Liberty Spec.b Haltech Elite 2500, and Haltech dual wideband setup. I had a wiring issue, for some reason I wired one of the common grounds from the ez30 harness connector into the sensor grounds going back to the ECU. The engine, sort of, ran fine, as in the car wouldn't idle, but drove the car for almost two whole years like this. November of last year I ordered a new Haltech harness and set to work remaking the engine harness. Keep in mind I did not know the issue was the common ground to the sensor grounds at the time, but I knew there had to be a wiring issue given the number of problems I was having. The new harness is complete and installed, car no idles but I'm still having trigger faults, and home reference faults, on top of that the wideband is no longer functional, though I'll get to that at the end. When I first got the car running 2 years ago I struggled with crank sensors failing after three or so months. They would start to fault out and replacong the sensor seemed to fix the issue, but three months later the issue would come back, another new sensor problem went away. Then I got a home reference issue, but it seemed intermittent, replaced the sensors, problem never went away. Had a bad down shift one day on my way to work that resulted in my clutch detonating, and then new crank sensors didn't fix the trigger issues anymore. I checked the trigger wheel, there was no damage to the teeth, and the hole for the bolts did not appear stretched or damaged at all. The area was cleaned with the parts, a new clutch kit and flywheel were installed. A new sensor was installed, still having problems, now the harness issue is fix, but issue is still here. I'm at the point where I'm debating on getting a factory ECU and going with a Cobb tuner, but I've already spent the money to get here and everyone else that I've talked to online with an ez30/haltech pair does not have these issues. Where am I going wrong?

As for the wideband, does the wideband need a different 12v source than the CAN connector supplies? The only thing I have done differently with the wideband between the harness rebuild is that I did not cut the can connector 12v and ground since I was hoping that the 12v provided in the CAN connector would work, but ESP always shows that it is either searching or not found. Any ideas on this?

kito-818

Re: Ez30 trigger, home, and wideband issues

Postby kito-818 » Sat May 01, 2021 1:02 pm

Well, pretty sure the wideband is dead. I did wire it up to its own 12v source and ground, but I'm still just getting a boot mode condition from it, so not much faith in it suddenly working. This means no O2 control, but the bigger issue is still the trigger errors that I can't figure out. I'm open to any pointers, I'm ordering another crank sensor, but I don't expect anything to change when the new one gets in, though I guess I'll post back once that's done anyway.

Return to “Elite Series”