Does Cruise Control work in Elite PRO Plug-in ECU (i6 Barra Version)?

Questions about the Elite Series ECU's? Ask here.
Zakast

Does Cruise Control work in Elite PRO Plug-in ECU (i6 Barra Version)?

Postby Zakast » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:53 pm

Hi.

Just wondering if it works at all. Nothing I try seems to fix it, so seeking some guidance...

When I go to set up the control values/inputs in the ECU for the Cruise Control it seems to be accepting my button presses, etc. (via CAN, won't accept anything else). When I use the buttons while driving the only thing that works is the actual "Cruise" button. It goes into "Cruise" mode but does not accept anything else except the "Cruise" button again to exit that mode.

Seems odd that the ECU is accepting the setup values but not actually acting on them except the Cruise on/off.

Thoughts, wisdom?

InitialDRacing

Re: Does Cruise Control work in Elite PRO Plug-in ECU (i6 Barra Version)?

Postby InitialDRacing » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:39 pm

Exactly the same issue here!

Zakast

Postby Zakast » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:18 pm

InitialDRacing wrote:Exactly the same issue here!

Darn :? Looks like I'll have to email Haltech then to get a definitive answer and/or course of action. If I get this solved I'll post back here for you :wink:

Moxew1

Postby Moxew1 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:23 am

I mailed them as well and was told to tech "cruise control state" and "cruise control disable reason" and send it to them. On the last one it said that different wheel speed was making it unable to turn on. Still waiting on an answer on how to proceed.

Moxew1

Postby Moxew1 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:38 am

Okay I accidentally got it to work. I am not sure this is the right way to do this. I am waiting for haltech to respond.

I checked all wheel speed sensors and they are all good so I increased the maximum difference in the cruise control setting to 50km/h and I can now use it as normal. Anything lower will make it unable to work. Hope this helps

Zakast

Postby Zakast » Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:06 am

I checked all wheel speed sensors and they are all good so I increased the maximum difference in the cruise control setting to 50km/h and I can now use it as normal. Anything lower will make it unable to work. Hope this helps

OK, I haven't tried that. Mine is set at 60km/h, but no harm in trying anything. Thanks for that!

Do you know if your Cruise Control switch assembly has been changed/replaced (by you or someone else)? Mine has, so I'm going to have to check that values are correct to eliminate that as a cause, even though they were fine for the stock ECU.

Should be able to play with the car on the weekend, so will try the above.

(Haven't had much luck getting to mess around with the car lately. Doesn't help that I don't have a garage/shed to work under and the weather's been crap on the weekends :roll: )

Moxew1

Postby Moxew1 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:46 am

Zakast wrote:

OK, I haven't tried that. Mine is set at 60km/h, but no harm in trying anything. Thanks for that!

Do you know if your Cruise Control switch assembly has been changed/replaced (by you or someone else)? Mine has, so I'm going to have to check that values are correct to eliminate that as a cause, even though they were fine for the stock ECU.

Should be able to play with the car on the weekend, so will try the above.

(Haven't had much luck getting to mess around with the car lately. Doesn't help that I don't have a garage/shed to work under and the weather's been crap on the weekends :roll: )

Okay, took it to work today and ran into issues. As I mentioned I set the max difference to 50. Now when I activate cruise it works all the way to 51km/h and then I get the same issue as before. Tomorrow I will try and set the max difference to the same as I have as max cruise speed and see if it works. I am still awaiting a response from the support. Will update here when I know more.

Also, I do not think anyone has fiddled with the switch assembly. I have had the car for a little over a year and it got imported to Sweden in 2016 by the original owner. Only one owner before me and I doubt that he made any changes to it

Zakast

Postby Zakast » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:42 am

Moxew1 wrote:Okay, took it to work today and ran into issues. As I mentioned I set the max difference to 50. Now when I activate cruise it works all the way to 51km/h and then I get the same issue as before. Tomorrow I will try and set the max difference to the same as I have as max cruise speed and see if it works. I am still awaiting a response from the support. Will update here when I know more.

Good luck! I'm going to try your suggestions tomorrow. It's been a while since I updated the firmware and software and I also need to see how the lambda tuning is going.

Moxew1 wrote:Also, I do not think anyone has fiddled with the switch assembly. I have had the car for a little over a year and it got imported to Sweden in 2016 by the original owner. Only one owner before me and I doubt that he made any changes to it

OK, that's good, less chance of that being the problem! CAN codes are obviously being registered, so I wouldn't think it is an issue. I will post my numbers on the Cruise Control setup panel when I get to them tomorrow - just for comparison sake.

Thanks for you input so far. If I can mimmick your results tomorrow then that will be handy info to pass on to Haltech.

Zakast

Postby Zakast » Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:00 pm

Zakast wrote:Good luck! I'm going to try your suggestions tomorrow. It's been a while since I updated the firmware and software and I also need to see how the lambda tuning is going.

Zakast wrote:Thanks for you input so far. If I can mimmick your results tomorrow then that will be handy info to pass on to Haltech.

Well, did all the changes you mentioned and... Zip, nada, zilch, no difference to the Cruise Control. Even tried setting the voltages while the motor was running too. Just no reaction other than the display on the dash says "Cruise" :roll: :x

Zakast

Postby Zakast » Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:06 pm

Moxew1 wrote:Okay I accidentally got it to work. I am not sure this is the right way to do this. I am waiting for haltech to respond.

I'll send my findings to Haltech too. Used the latest firmware and software and that made no difference at all. I want to get this sorted soon as I am about to stick a supercharger on it and I don't want to be messing about with anything after the dyno tune gets done (has to pass South Australian rules/regulations for modifying a road car :roll: )

Zakast

Postby Zakast » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:25 pm

Moxew1 wrote:I mailed them as well and was told to tech "cruise control state" and "cruise control disable reason" and send it to them. On the last one it said that different wheel speed was making it unable to turn on. Still waiting on an answer on how to proceed.

Yeah, I got the same request from Haltech... I managed to get to play with the ECU on the weekend. I got the same "error code" as you regarding the Wheel Speed ("2048" in the log) and yet the wheel speed difference in the log shows only a maximum of 0.1km/h between all wheels.

However, the Vehicle Speed Drivetrain Sensor was showing about 144km/h for Drive Wheel Speed of 60km/h. And yes, I haven't calibrated the Vehicle Speed Sensors yet. I'm going to punch in a "correction" of 41.6% (from 100%) for the Drivetrain Sensor when I get home from work tomorrow to see if that fixes it. If it doesn't then I'll send my data logs to Haltech to see if they can figure it out. :?

Zakast

Postby Zakast » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:17 pm

Zakast wrote:
Moxew1 wrote:I mailed them as well and was told to tech "cruise control state" and "cruise control disable reason" and send it to them. On the last one it said that different wheel speed was making it unable to turn on. Still waiting on an answer on how to proceed.

Yeah, I got the same request from Haltech... I managed to get to play with the ECU on the weekend. I got the same "error code" as you regarding the Wheel Speed ("2048" in the log) and yet the wheel speed difference in the log shows only a maximum of 0.1km/h between all wheels.

However, the Vehicle Speed Drivetrain Sensor was showing about 144km/h for Drive Wheel Speed of 60km/h. And yes, I haven't calibrated the Vehicle Speed Sensors yet. I'm going to punch in a "correction" of 41.6% (from 100%) for the Drivetrain Sensor when I get home from work tomorrow to see if that fixes it. If it doesn't then I'll send my data logs to Haltech to see if they can figure it out. :?

Well the "Wheel Speed sensors" were correctly calibrated at 100% but the "Drive Train Sensor" was for some reason at 245%! that explained the weird numbers from it... Changed that to 100% and now the Cruise Control is WORKING properly!!!

Return to “Elite Series”