Clio 1.8 16v: F7P to F7R Swap

Questions about the Elite Series ECU's? Ask here.
Martin_1800_16v

Clio 1.8 16v: F7P to F7R Swap

Postby Martin_1800_16v » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:28 am

Hello Haltech-Team, Hello fellow haltech users,

recently I became the proud owner of a 550 with the premium harness and a wideband kit. With this bit of gear I want to treat my 1,8 16v clio to a 2l F7R Engine with spiced up compression.

Since I am fairly new to doing my own engine management I decided to first tinker a bit on the bench. Connecting and calibrating my sensors and such.

The triggerwheel sits on the crankshaft and is a 60-2, I think. Since I plan to use a whasted spark coilpack I should be fine without a seperate home on the cam.
The "home" on the crank is a missing tooth followed by a long tooth.

Is "Generic -missing tooth, no home" the right trigger type?

And if in rotation first the gap and then the long tooth pass the (reluctor) sensor is this a rising edge?

Also why do the basemaps go up to 300% load if I can ony open the throttle 100%?

As you can see, Im still a bit of a noob in all of this...

All the best
Martin

Orangeblue

Re: Clio 1.8 16v: F7P to F7R Swap

Postby Orangeblue » Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:27 am

Martin_1800_16v wrote:The triggerwheel sits on the crankshaft and is a 60-2, I think. Since I plan to use a wasted spark coilpack I should be fine without a seperate home on the cam.
The "home" on the crank is a missing tooth followed by a long tooth.

Is "Generic -missing tooth, no home" the right trigger type?

And if in rotation first the gap and then the long tooth pass the (reluctor) sensor is this a rising edge?

Make sure it is a 60-2.., renault has some weird trigger patterns.

"Generic -missing tooth, no home" should be the right setting, it was for my (standart) 60-2 Motronic Wheel...
Usually the first tooth after the gap and its falling edge is the "triggering part".

If you check the Trigger Type drop down menu, the Renault F7RT has natvie support, and shows 60-2 on the crank and
4 two big, two small on the cam.

Martin_1800_16v wrote:Also why do the basemaps go up to 300% load if I can ony open the throttle 100%?b
As you can see, Im still a bit of a noob in all of this...

Whats you Load type, the default setting is M anifold A bsolut P ressure in kpa...
If you look at you Base Fuel Tuning %, your table has two axes.

The X axis is your load e.g: MAP in kpa.
In a NA car at full thottle you'd have (at best) 100kpa or 1 bar (air pressure at sea level, no vacuum),
at idle with the throttle closed you'd have 50kpa or 0,5 bar aka vacuum.

The Y axis is Engine speed in RPM (R ounds P er M inute).

At 7000 rpm and 100kpa MAP you get 85,6%. These 85,6% is a efficiency number between actual air amount
aud theoretical air amount that move thru the engine.

tldr, better explained: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E96rBIzZ_sE

We all start somewhere, you can check the Haltech Youtube Channel lots of infos on there.
Make sure to make yourself a good documentation. Sensor calibrations, wiring diagram and colors,
connector pin outs, part numbers etc., makes live easier down the line.

GLHF
- Domi
'92 Opel Omega Wagon
'94 Opel Astra 'vert

Martin_1800_16v

Postby Martin_1800_16v » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:04 pm

Hey Domi,

thanks alot for the trigger hints. That helped alot.

I also found out I had the triggerwheel mounted the wrong way on my "test bench".
Now its long toth followed by long gab - and the falling edge setting makes finally sense to me.

The load type I had set from MAP to Throttle Position early on and its still a mysterie to me why the X-axis goes up to 300%..

Is it generally advisable to do first startup on MAP-Load-Type and not on TPS?

All the best,
Martin

JimKden

Postby JimKden » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:01 am

Use the F3 key to change the table axis. Delete the cells above the 100. Click oK.

Return to “Elite Series”