Transpose E6X to Elite 550

Questions about the Elite Series ECU's? Ask here.
Ashmowerman

Transpose E6X to Elite 550

Postby Ashmowerman » Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:45 pm

Im wanting to update Bertone X1/9 ECU Ive been running an E6X and want to go to Elite series so I can have an ecu with long term learning.
In a simplified discription am I able to transpose the current maps into the 550 and set the injector size in the setup for it to work. Or do I need to change the 550 from injection time to VE for it to work. Or will I have to start from scratch.
Oh and I already have a wideband sensor installed.
Thank you in advance for your reply

JimKden

Re: Transpose E6X to Elite 550

Postby JimKden » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:36 am

I brought up my tune file in Elite ESP and changed the fuel tuning type from volumetric efficiency to injection time. The O2 correction function for long term trim remained enabled. If there is a conflict, ESP would have dimmed out the feature so it would not be selectable. So it appears long term trim would work with injection time,

But Elite uses injection dead time as a setting in injection systems settings. So the E6X injection times may include the dead time. So the times in ESP may differ. However start off using the times you now have, be generous in the allowable max enrich/disenrich in the O2 correction function so initial operation is not so bad and let the long term trim find new values.

Ashmowerman

Re: Transpose E6X to Elite 550

Postby Ashmowerman » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:20 pm

JimKden wrote:I brought up my tune file in Elite ESP and changed the fuel tuning type from volumetric efficiency to injection time. The O2 correction function for long term trim remained enabled. If there is a conflict, ESP would have dimmed out the feature so it would not be selectable. So it appears long term trim would work with injection time,

But Elite uses injection dead time as a setting in injection systems settings. So the E6X injection times may include the dead time. So the times in ESP may differ. However start off using the times you now have, be generous in the allowable max enrich/disenrich in the O2 correction function so initial operation is not so bad and let the long term trim find new values.

Thanks for your input I will give it a go.

Return to “Elite Series”