open loop idle settings

Questions about the Elite Series ECU's? Ask here.
cesarxavi

open loop idle settings

Postby cesarxavi » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:30 am

so, Im having some issues with my idle, Im using the elite 1500 in my ej20g v2 sti engine with original bac valve

1.- when the car is moving I release the clutch the idle revs up to 1800 rpm, I know the idle control in this point goes open loop and closed loop "waits to speed going down until reaches the max vehicle speed and the closed loop kicks in ". But how can I tune this??, thats to much revs for my idle when cruising at neutral, I tried setting min vehicle speed at decel cut tap to 0 but didt help

2.- when the engine is off the idle control output is like 25% and idle control state shows me "OPEN LOOP DUE TO ENGINE STOPPED" how can I increase this opening percentage to help in cranking??? (ENGINE STARTS BETTER WHEN OPENING THROTTE A LITTLE ) ALSO LIGHTER AIR AT 3800 METERS OVER SEA LEVEL

3.- funny IDLE CONTROL STATE notifications
I recorded a log at deccel when vehicle moving to see whats going on ,its ok for me if the idle control state shows "OPEN LOOP DUE TO DECEL DETECTED", or "OPEN LOOP DUE TO VEHICLE SPEED TOO HIGH" but "OPEN LOOP DUE ENGINE TO ENGINE STOPPED" AND "OPEN LOOP DUE TO CRANKING"AT 2324 RPM??? :shock: :shock: :shock: (I set the max cranking to 250 RPM), maybe I'm missing sometheing, please Haltech guys help and thanks in advance. :wink:

JimKden

Re: open loop idle settings

Postby JimKden » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:06 am

There can be many things to know before any suggestion can be made. Compress the map file (zip) and upload to this board.
The max cranking is not what it seems. It is the rpm where the fuel changes from the cranking map to the base fuel map. 250rpm is pretty low.

cesarxavi

Postby cesarxavi » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:14 am

thank you for replying! I did some minor changes and logging
MY93-96 WRX PNP_20211012-184950.rar
map and log
(84.98 KiB) Downloaded 17 times

JimKden

Postby JimKden » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:39 am

Downloaded the file and will be looking at it. I invite others to review it too.

JimKden

Postby JimKden » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:50 am

1. The tune appears to be based from a base map in the collection from Haltech and was generated to an earlier firmware. I don't know the history of changes applicable the Subaru to the firmware version you are using, but when the vehicle speed exceeds the maximum vehicle speed in the idle control function the valve moves to the position in the minimum base output table. Try setting those values decreasing or all the same from 1000 rpm and up.

2. I presume you are referring to a hot start idle position before the engine is cranked. At that time the idle valve will be at the position of the base closed loop (19.7)+ post start offset (5) = 24.7. In the Post Start Base Offset table increase the 0 seconds cell to about 45% and the 2 seconds cell to about 10%. If the rpm is too high for your liking reduce the 2 second cell and the rpms will drop sooner.

3. I don't think the notifications do any harm. More notification are added with each update, it seems.

cesarxavi

Postby cesarxavi » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:18 pm

Thank you very much for taking your time to help me, I'm noob in tuning world and there's a lot to learn for me but i love it, I will try my best and let you know, thanks for your advice, best regards for you

Return to “Elite Series”