IDLE TARGET PROBLEMS

Questions about the Elite Series ECU's? Ask here.
JEALES

IDLE TARGET PROBLEMS

Postby JEALES » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:05 pm

Hey all,

Cannot get my Ford Falcon IAC valve to respond to any changes made in the ESP software . Can hear it buzzing, but won't follow target speeds.

Anyone had a similar issue?

Thanks

Comlb_4G63

Re: IDLE TARGET PROBLEMS

Postby Comlb_4G63 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:24 am

As a troubleshooting step, I would remove the IAC from the engine but keep the wiring hooked up. Then, verify the solenoid moves when you command different idle targets. Verify you get full range from 0 to 100%

JEALES

Postby JEALES » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:48 am

Comlb_4G63 wrote:As a troubleshooting step, I would remove the IAC from the engine but keep the wiring hooked up. Then, verify the solenoid moves when you command different idle targets. Verify you get full range from 0 to 100%

Thanks mate, will try that tommorow night and see how it goes.

JEALES

Postby JEALES » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:01 pm

JEALES wrote:
Comlb_4G63 wrote:As a troubleshooting step, I would remove the IAC from the engine but keep the wiring hooked up. Then, verify the solenoid moves when you command different idle targets. Verify you get full range from 0 to 100%

Hi Comlb_4G63

I have tested the valve and it moves with adjustments to the Target percentages.

I did notice that when it was set to zero, there was still some flow through the valve. Should this completely seal at 0 position?

Thanks

Return to “Elite Series”