Elite 2500 DBW issues

Questions about the Elite Series ECU's? Ask here.
E82_3v

Elite 2500 DBW issues

Postby E82_3v » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:07 pm

I am having a issue with the dbw configuration on elite 2500. I have it setup on a 4.6 3v ford mod motor and I am able to configure throttle pedal and see app1&2 voltages swing properly and opposing like they should. However even though I can see tps 1&2 voltages reading and swinging properly the dbw fails to even try to move in the calibration - never makes it past the first step. Triple checked all wiring , used a premium universal harness and wires were all one piece initially before getting into diagnostics. I even grabbed a m54 throttle body and wired a pigtail up and same thing. I get good tps voltages but no dbw movement or even a sound of trying when trying to calibrate. Spent a whole day on phone with tech support they are out of ideas , tuner who I always work with is out of ideas, I’m stumped at this time - I do have the ign and the inj fuse pulled currently and the instructions said to do that during configuration . Not sure if either of those circuits having their fuse out would affect ?

blakebonkofsky

Re: Elite 2500 DBW issues

Postby blakebonkofsky » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:26 pm

E82_3v wrote:I am having a issue with the dbw configuration on elite 2500. I have it setup on a 4.6 3v ford mod motor and I am able to configure throttle pedal and see app1&2 voltages swing properly and opposing like they should. However even though I can see tps 1&2 voltages reading and swinging properly the dbw fails to even try to move in the calibration - never makes it past the first step. Triple checked all wiring , used a premium universal harness and wires were all one piece initially before getting into diagnostics. I even grabbed a m54 throttle body and wired a pigtail up and same thing. I get good tps voltages but no dbw movement or even a sound of trying when trying to calibrate. Spent a whole day on phone with tech support they are out of ideas , tuner who I always work with is out of ideas, I’m stumped at this time - I do have the ign and the inj fuse pulled currently and the instructions said to do that during configuration . Not sure if either of those circuits having their fuse out would affect ?

You need the injection fuse in place, as pin A26 (injector return current) also powers the DBW circuits. Reinstall that fuse and try again.

Return to “Elite Series”