evo 4g63 help

Questions about the Elite Series ECU's? Ask here.
nathanel3g

evo 4g63 help

Postby nathanel3g » Sat May 21, 2022 2:23 pm

car was tuned, seem fine on the dyno. so my car which pretty much has a built evo 8 motor, is hitting some kind of limiter around 5000 rpm and some time 6000 rpm

i can rev the car right up to 7500 rpm under no load all day no problem
when ever i do a wot pull it always breakes up after 5000 rpm. feels like a soft ignition cut
when ever i go from 4000 rpm wot it goes up to 6000 rpm and does the same thing.

its not hitting boost cut.
it doesnt seem to be plug or coils.
i look over the logs but i am no expert but i dont see anything as to why it would do this.

i uploaded a log maybe some one can see something i am not.
Attachments
nathanael 3g log.zip
(1.88 MiB) Downloaded 22 times

rudye9mr

Re: evo 4g63 help

Postby rudye9mr » Tue May 24, 2022 11:26 am

Sure there isnt an ignition cut setting still in your ecu set up somewhere? E.g. based off boost or boost by gear etc?

Check sensors too and their set up to make sure you're not already hitting a failsafe that you ought to check before changing it.

wulfen

Postby wulfen » Sun May 29, 2022 9:42 pm

nathanel3g wrote:car was tuned, seem fine on the dyno. so my car which pretty much has a built evo 8 motor, is hitting some kind of limiter around 5000 rpm and some time 6000 rpm

i can rev the car right up to 7500 rpm under no load all day no problem
when ever i do a wot pull it always breakes up after 5000 rpm. feels like a soft ignition cut
when ever i go from 4000 rpm wot it goes up to 6000 rpm and does the same thing.

its not hitting boost cut.
it doesnt seem to be plug or coils.
i look over the logs but i am no expert but i dont see anything as to why it would do this.

i uploaded a log maybe some one can see something i am not.

From your log I can see that your fuel pressure starts dropping significantly at around 5000rpm, thus your lambda jumps to 1.55. This may be the cause of the hesitation.

nathanel3g

Postby nathanel3g » Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:13 pm

WULFEN thanks for looking at the log, not sure how i missed that but that was the problem. turns out my pump was sucking up air when the fuel moved to the back of the tank during a pull. that explains why it didnt do it on the dyno. any how long story short i got no baffels in the tank, doesnt do it with a full tank of gas, and theres a fuel cell coming in the mail along with some other goodies.

wulfen

Postby wulfen » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:15 am

nathanel3g wrote:WULFEN thanks for looking at the log, not sure how i missed that but that was the problem. turns out my pump was sucking up air when the fuel moved to the back of the tank during a pull. that explains why it didnt do it on the dyno. any how long story short i got no baffels in the tank, doesnt do it with a full tank of gas, and theres a fuel cell coming in the mail along with some other goodies.

Great to hear that you sorted it out. Happy boosting!

Return to “Elite Series”