Car: 2002 Mazda Protege5
Engine: 2.0L FS-DE with cherry hall effect sensor for cam and crank
ECU: Elite 1000 w/ premium harness
Wiring: OEM engine harness has been removed and all sensors wired in with supplied haltech harness.
- - 13.8v GY/R wire is giving off around 5.9v when the car is off. Checked pin A13 12v ignition input with ignition off and it is at 0v.
- R/G, R, and R/W wires from the haltech fuse block are going directly to battery (+). Black A10 and A11 are going directly to battery (-).
- The +5v and +8v sensor supply wires are reading 0v with ignition off.
- Power to OEM engine bay fuse box has been removed and that made no change.
Took the battery, haltech ECU and haltech harness out of the car and put it on a bench to test more. Wired the R/G, R, and R/W wires to battery (+) and A10 and A11 to battery (-). All other plugs/wires are disconnected. Checking the 13.8v GY/R wires, they are still reading 5.9v.
Removing relays one at a time from the haltech fuse box:
- - removing ECU relay does nothing.
- removing injector relay does nothing.
- removing ignition relay does nothing.
- removing fuel pump relay will drop the voltage down from 5.9v to 4.4v.
- removing all relays and leaving fuel pump relay drops voltage from 5.9v to 4.4v
- removing all relays drops voltage down to 0v.
What would cause this to happen? Bad wiring on my part? Something faulty with the ECU? Any insight would be appreciated!