Oem Honda B18 map calibration

Questions about the Elite Software Programmer? Ask here.
Clutch

Oem Honda B18 map calibration

Postby Clutch » Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:37 am

Hello I'm new to Haltech and to the ESP software and I'm really sorry if i'm in the wrong place to be asking this.

I bought a Elite 1500 and i'm tuning an all motor Honda B18. I'm using all the oem sensors (only the O2 sensor is from Haltech), I'm with problems with the calibration of 3 sensors (Intake air temp, coolant temp and MAP). The 2 temp sensors I think in the Haltech support we have there the right calibration and I will try it out that values, but for the MAP I could not found anything and i'm always getting the DTC P0108, can somebody give some tip.

Thanks in advance
Showing off is the fool's idea of glory.

Tommy Shelby

Re: Oem Honda B18 map calibration

Postby Tommy Shelby » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:32 am

Hi,

You have a few options.

If you grab the part number of the sensor you might find the calibrations are on the datasheet. You plug those values into the software and test it. Is it a Denso 079800-something?

If you can't find the calibrations from the part number you can find it yourself by measuring sensor voltages at known pressures. The calibration is linear so you only need two points of data. Then you can extrapolate from there. This requires access to some sort of pressure-y thing with a gauge on it that you can connect to the map sensor so it's usually the last resort.

Since the engine is so common I'd be surprised if there weren't calibration files already floating around for that sensor. It might be worth giving Haltech a call and asking the tech guys if they already have it.

Clutch

Postby Clutch » Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:21 am

Yes the MAP sensor that is installed is a DENSO 079800-3000. The DTC I just double clicked and erase it and didn't come back so I think the MAP values from S2000 are correct.

About the temperature sensors I will try some values from the Honda manual but with resistance instead of volts.

Thanks for the help Tommy.

Clutch

Postby Clutch » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:43 am

Temperatures all set ok, now I can't start the engine. I want to set the offset timing but don't know what is happening sometimes the timing light flash sometimes don't, I tried a lot of things but with no success.

I'm getting the Home tooth count error.

I'm using these setup:

Trigger Signal:

Reluctor - Falling edge

Home Signal:

Reluctor - Falling edge

Distributor:

Rising Edge

JDM Boyscout

Postby JDM Boyscout » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:14 am

HI

Upload your map here and do log with this channel add the Rpm also
Attachments
2020-09-08 (4).png

Clutch

Postby Clutch » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:18 am

One question that is making me confuse, if I use the same trigger arming voltage in 2 cars with the same harness and same distributor shouldn't this values be the same?

I already see the FULL and RUNNING now but the engine looks like what to start but it doesn't. I have spark on the 4 spark plugs but I can't make nothing to put the engine idling.

I already set the trigger offset angle aswell.

JDM Boyscout

Postby JDM Boyscout » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:46 pm

Does your engine backfire/pop in the intake? Did you try adding more fuel or keep alive with some throttles.

Again post your map so we can take a look.

Btw Haltech support via email is way faster than forum for troubleshooting.

Return to “Elite Software Programmer (ESP)”