k24 home signal

Questions about the Elite Software Programmer? Ask here.
rocketsausage

k24 home signal

Postby rocketsausage » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:07 am

I am trying to get a k24z swap started and I am having some issues with the home signal. The trigger seems to be working fine, and the car fired briefly a couple times with quick start enabled, but it doesn't seem to be reading anything for home. I am running the included k20 base map tweaked for my setup. I changed the trigger/home presets to k24z, scaled the base fueling table for 410cc injectors, and modified i/o for my wiring setup.

When cranking the trigger tooth count goes up to 60 and then drops back down as expected, the home angle shows 0, and the trigger and home tooth count at error show zero. Trigger system error says no error, but error count goes up by one every time i try to crank the motor. Trigger sync state is "running", and trigger sync level is "half".

I thought it might be the sensor, so I switched the intake and exhaust cam sensors, and still no luck. The spi1 input is wired to the intake cam sensor for vtc, and that seems to be getting a signal with both sensors which leads me to think it's not hardware. Is there something else in the trigger/home settings that should be adjusted for this setup other than just changing the preset?

Screen capture of esp during cranking:

https://imgur.com/a/hPI953p

JimKden

Re: k24 home signal

Postby JimKden » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:09 pm

Set the quick start rpm high then start the car, get it to idle ok, shake out any other issues and get the home signal to work. Then set the rpm back to where you want it.

LoriNagle

Postby LoriNagle » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:49 am

Hello.... I went through two evenings testing all setups imaginable with respect to the DD box, signal in situation, signal out and Kpro boundaries. Indeed, even wired the VSS plug force, ground and sign direct to the container with a few feet of wire. Long story short, I got both to work simultaneously yet it doesn't actually bode well.

pcb quote

blakebonkofsky

Postby blakebonkofsky » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:46 am

rocketsausage wrote:I am trying to get a k24z swap started and I am having some issues with the home signal. The trigger seems to be working fine, and the car fired briefly a couple times with quick start enabled, but it doesn't seem to be reading anything for home. I am running the included k20 base map tweaked for my setup. I changed the trigger/home presets to k24z, scaled the base fueling table for 410cc injectors, and modified i/o for my wiring setup.

When cranking the trigger tooth count goes up to 60 and then drops back down as expected, the home angle shows 0, and the trigger and home tooth count at error show zero. Trigger system error says no error, but error count goes up by one every time i try to crank the motor. Trigger sync state is "running", and trigger sync level is "half".

I thought it might be the sensor, so I switched the intake and exhaust cam sensors, and still no luck. The spi1 input is wired to the intake cam sensor for vtc, and that seems to be getting a signal with both sensors which leads me to think it's not hardware. Is there something else in the trigger/home settings that should be adjusted for this setup other than just changing the preset?

Screen capture of esp during cranking:

https://imgur.com/a/hPI953p

This is what I have used on several K24Z3 engines with no issues. Obviously the base timing needs to be checked, but this will be close enough to start the car.

K24Z3 trigger.png

Return to “Elite Software Programmer (ESP)”