is there an internal datalogging channel for percentage difference between actual and target o2?

Questions about the Elite Software Programmer? Ask here.
cbDrift

is there an internal datalogging channel for percentage difference between actual and target o2?

Postby cbDrift » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:04 am

Hi there,

Just wondering if there is any channel we can log using the internal logging that shows a percentage difference required to make the actual o2 reading match the target o2?

there is the stft - but that doesnt show anything if you dont have o2feedback enabled for that part of the map
I dont want to turn o2 on as it screws with what your trying to tune in the ve tables.
....or should I have o2 turned on and log that stft and increase the area that the o2 feedback opearates in to cover the area i want to tune?

im trying to get the light throttle stuff sorted for around town driving - the wbo2 is leaner than the target af - and altho i get great economy i'd rather get them to match and lean it out with the target af table ...

wide open within 0.1afr from 2000 to 8500 and most of the rest of the map is good but not to the same degree of accuracy :)

I'm wanting to get the best economy I can out of the thing :)

blakebonkofsky

Re: is there an internal datalogging channel for percentage difference between actual and target o2?

Postby blakebonkofsky » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:42 pm

Why not just turn on LTFT and let it do it's thing? It will do exactly what you want to do, but without actually having to do any of the work manually.

Flat_Rate

Re: is there an internal datalogging channel for percentage difference between actual and target o2?

Postby Flat_Rate » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:56 am

Log using Lambda you can get a pretty close percentage beings is based off 1.0 being stoich

or use the O2 feedback and slow it down so it doesn't overshoot your targets, might take some more driving to get it dialed in. hopefully you have all your other compensations setup correctly as if they arent its just gonna go back and forth between different conditions.

cbDrift

Postby cbDrift » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:38 am

half the reason that i turned off the o2 feedback from most of the map is that it wasnt reacting and tracking the target correctly - ltft is disabled

Does anyone know a good resource on properly setting up the PID settings on the o2 control? if it behaved better and returned the o2 to the target faster (eg less than 5-10 seconds to get idle mix back on target) i'd be happier to use it - im very happy to admit im not 100% sure on how to set it up - expecially when its got 2d tables for the settings - should i disable them so its just a single value for each value?

And as for corrections - I try to only log or use data from when there are no corrections being appllied for water and air temp/accel at the normal running temp for engine and air intake and with either full ramp or fairly steady state throttle input and use 4th gear by preference. which means what looks to be a large datalog is 99% useless sometimes lol :)

I seriously want to own a dyno just so i can fiddle with things a lot easier than datalogging on a road trip to and from work..... That'll have to be my retirement plan methinks :)

Thanks for your input guys :)

and the reason why i want to fiddle with it and not rely on the o2 feedback is - it gives me something to do when im bored and distracts me from a stressful daily job.

JimKden

Postby JimKden » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:54 am

Have you tested on your car for the injector dead times. If those are out, the correction calculations will be wonky. Sort of "Garbage in Garbage out".

cbDrift

Postby cbDrift » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:24 pm

Heya Jim,

Its running aftermarket injectors (1000cc "xspurt" brand ones - which are a matched set of dynamically flowed injectors that seem to be bosch based ones) that were supplied with injector data for deadtime and flow against fuel pressure - anything more than that I'm not able to test myself.
All that data has been entered in to the ecu as provided.

I totally agree on the G.I.G.O. theory - I work in an IT field and I know enough to understand there's a lot of G.I. going on that I need to sort out.

Its just annoying I have this thing called a "job" and another one called a "bills that require a job" that gets in the way of me spending all my time fiddling on it :)

JimKden

Postby JimKden » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:21 am

Search around on this site. There have been threads that describe how to check dead time on the car.

LMS_689

Postby LMS_689 » Sat May 22, 2021 10:44 pm

Easy enough to put a math channel in the log. Right click on .csv file name in the menu bar on the left side of log viewer screen to open the option. Click on the help tab if you need it.
Haltech Parts and Accessories
Custom Harness Construction
http://www.lms-efi.com
[email protected]
502-515-7482

Return to “Elite Software Programmer (ESP)”