ESP 2500 and Can Bus questions

Questions about the Elite Software Programmer? Ask here.
danthehuman

ESP 2500 and Can Bus questions

Postby danthehuman » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:19 am

I'm wanting to take advantage of the Can Bus connectivity with the Elite 2500, and have the following questions

Will the 8 and 15 keypad button boards work with ESP software and Elite 2500 ECU?
Will the ESP software see a 3rd party Can Bus Relay Module, and be able to configure it (https://www.datapanel.com/product/can-r ... ol-module/) ?

If it cant see 3rd party Can Bus systems, does Haltech have any plans on bringing out their own 8 relay module, as these would make a great addition for old school cars without having to go to the big jump of a PWM, especially for a boot mount options for electric power steer pump, cooler fans and pumps etc.

Is it possible to generate a list of the ECU outputs on the Can Bus, with their corresponding addresses? i.e. RPM, Speed, Engine temp etc

Cheers

digitalsolo

Re: ESP 2500 and Can Bus questions

Postby digitalsolo » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:17 am

I'm asking for the same thing, but the last answer I saw was the following:

CAN Keypads (Haltech ones) - Maybe someday added to firmware
CAN Keypads (custom) - Maybe someday added to firmware

CAN relay module - Never seen this asked before, but technically if you could get programmable CAN outputs, you could add this yourself, a pre-configurable one would be great though! Or a small 8-16 channel PDM from Haltech similar to what's in the Nexus for that matter.

I wouldn't hold my breath on the custom CAN stuff. It's a fairly complex thing to add and I see requests dating back 4 years for it. I'm working on trying to hack some protocols myself on it to make a module that pretends to be a supported platform to get CAN communication with the Elite, but I probably won't have anything useful until this winter due to schedule.

Mobne_s13

Postby Mobne_s13 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:01 am

All you can do is dream. As said custom can have been asked for a long time and still nothing.

If you need custom can get an ecu that has it.

ipstuned

Postby ipstuned » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:31 am

Yeah its a bit disappointing that the Elites don't support haltechs own can keyboards

Return to “Elite Software Programmer (ESP)”