Keeping ESP layout after updates

Questions about the Elite Software Programmer? Ask here.
jaysix

Keeping ESP layout after updates

Postby jaysix » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:49 am

Is this possible? I update the firmware and ESP version and now the gauge pages I had setup are reset to default and the units are back to metric instead of US.

Not the end of the world, but annoying.

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Re: Keeping ESP layout after updates

Postby HaltechMatthew » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:28 pm

I hear you brother! I complain about this every day when I install all of the gazillion different alpha and beta test versions that you guys never have to deal with.

I actually narrowed it down to the installer of the software that does it. If you uninstall and reinstall the same software version the settings and theme all stay. The team know about it and will take a look at what can be done when possible.

Hacktacular

Postby Hacktacular » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:04 pm

HaltechMatthew wrote:I hear you brother! I complain about this every day when I install all of the gazillion different alpha and beta test versions that you guys never have to deal with.

I actually narrowed it down to the installer of the software that does it. If you uninstall and reinstall the same software version the settings and theme all stay. The team know about it and will take a look at what can be done when possible.

Maybe a config file that can be dropped in after the update?

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:37 am

It already does this.

The guys are already working on it.

Mobne_s13

Postby Mobne_s13 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:25 pm

Can you start a topic where we can share different tuning layouts?

Maybe the haltech tuners have some custom layouts that are useful? :)

Or maybe add a folder from the install with the custom tuning layouts you use in house?

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:09 am

Many come in the software. View / Load Page / and you will find folders with different screen resolutions and a bunch of pre-made page layouts for differnt functionality.

The next software version after the current v2.38.2 will have an update to the layouts to include channels more often used. Only subtle, but having more relevant data on hand makes our lives helping people much easier.

There are a number of themes I have created with different colours too. I may create a thread that has these available. Many are not so great or legible in the real world, but if you want to play with them there is no reason not to.

Mobne_s13

Postby Mobne_s13 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:31 am

HaltechMatthew wrote:Many come in the software. View / Load Page / and you will find folders with different screen resolutions and a bunch of pre-made page layouts for differnt functionality.

The next software version after the current v2.38.2 will have an update to the layouts to include channels more often used. Only subtle, but having more relevant data on hand makes our lives helping people much easier.

There are a number of themes I have created with different colours too. I may create a thread that has these available. Many are not so great or legible in the real world, but if you want to play with them there is no reason not to.

Yeah i know there are pages to load. I but they are more specific for functions. And I use them.

But I was more in to specific tuning pages. With an 3D map perhaps and some custom gauges or channels you use when tuning :)

Maybe you and Scott have some you like and it would be cool to be able to se what the haltech pro uses :)

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Postby HaltechMatthew » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:31 pm

Mine all change depending on the vehicle and technology present and the work I am performing at the time. But mostly I just use the layouts already in the software because I am the one that creates the layouts. :wink: In general I use the Tuning page which has a little of everything on one page, and then move to more specific pages for fine work on a particular function.

BTW:
They all were updated recently to have more relevant and up to date channels, and these updates will come most likely in ESP v2.39 when it is released. After installing you will just go to View/Load Page and grab the latest version and remove your old one.

Return to “Elite Software Programmer (ESP)”