Direct Fire Ignition Question - impreza classic

Questions about the Elite Software Programmer? Ask here.
Stefanw

Direct Fire Ignition Question - impreza classic

Postby Stefanw » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:03 am

Hi Peeps,

I'm planning on changing over to direct fire ignition on my elite 1500, currently on wasted spark on my old impreza, now i see from later base maps the dwell times are significantly different, and since i will be using STI coils i'm assuming i should be ok to use the dwell times from the later 2001 - 2005 sti base map ?
Once ive changed over to direct fire will it need a remap or just monitor and make sure all is ok ?

Many thanks

Stefan

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Re: Direct Fire Ignition Question - impreza classic

Postby HaltechMatthew » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:17 am

The dwell time matches the coil, so yes you can import the dwell table that is designed for the coils you are using.

Remember to have all of the settings correct before plugging in the coils and powering up.

Stefanw

Postby Stefanw » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:21 am

Hi Matt,

After changing the wiring config to direct fire, car doesnt want to start now, has the odd back fire which i guess means its not firing in the correct seqenence, checked the wiring more times then i wish to remember.... assume its right as i guess ignition 1 goes to cylinder one so on and so forth ? changed the dwell settings before i did the first crank, am at a bit of a loss as had the coils running previously in a wasted spark config and it was fine.

Any ideas on what the issue could be ?

Did try and attach a copy of the map but i keep getting an invalid extension error

Any help will be very much appriciated

Stefan

Stefanw

Postby Stefanw » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:05 am

Fixed :D Took 360 degrees from the tdc offset and she fired on first turn

Stefanw

Postby Stefanw » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:27 pm

Hi peeps, just wondering if there is any other settings besides the dwell that need altering for direct fire ignition ? as i'am now getting miss fires on boost levels over 1bar, where as before with wasted spark and using the same coils i wasn't experiencing any of these at all

Stefan

Return to “Elite Software Programmer (ESP)”