3D Mapping Training Video

Questions about the Elite Software Programmer? Ask here.
JimKden

3D Mapping Training Video

Postby JimKden » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:02 am

Is there a video on 3D mapping. I understand how to activate the 3rd axis and to enter the parameters, but once added and seeing it on the screen, that's where I go blank. How does it modify the map? (gone rigid with eyes glazed over).

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Re: 3D Mapping Training Video

Postby HaltechMatthew » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:17 pm

Do you mean 4D mapping? This is very difficult for humans to visualise, which is why I have no problem :D

Moving the slider lets you see each 3D table. This 3rd axis allows the ECU to slip between multiple 3D tables.

It is more commonly used with flex fuel tuning. To keep it simple imagine a normal 3D table for 0% ethanol and another for 85% ethanol. Two different tunes. This is a simple way of visualising a 4D table. If you found the tuning is nor perfect between 0 and 85% ethanol you can insert more 3D tables between them and tune again. The ECU interpolates between these 3D tables too.

The same could be used for VTEC with a separate table for on and off VTEC.

The beauty of this is that the system can learn over 4D so it can separately learn each 3D table for you.

Does this help?

JimKden

Re: 3D Mapping Training Video

Postby JimKden » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:06 pm

Yes it is a big help. I didn't realize that at each point on the 3rd axis is a new map.
Thanks, I'll give it a go.
Jim

Return to “Elite Software Programmer (ESP)”