Elite to Nsp software

Questions about the Elite Software Programmer? Ask here.
blakebonkofsky

Re: Elite to Nsp software

Postby blakebonkofsky » Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:58 pm

mikealike wrote:I upgraded to the NSP software and I cant seem to hook up my 4 port boost controller, No DPO output, and no ignition (the car doesn't start as well). Going to go back to Elite and try it one more time.... Has anyone encountered this problem?

Haven't heard of that one yet. What firmware were you on before you updated?

You could also open a new Elite map in NSP, then import your last backup from ESP.

cbDrift

Postby cbDrift » Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:45 pm

mikealike wrote:I upgraded to the NSP software and I cant seem to hook up my 4 port boost controller, No DPO output, and no ignition (the car doesn't start as well). Going to go back to Elite and try it one more time.... Has anyone encountered this problem?

I unplugged the coils and injectors as instructed when I updated to the NSP firmware - and I didn't have any issues - I did note that it did the whole update process again when it went to update the firmware to 3.00.2 so i pulled the coils and injector plugs again while it updated. I really hope its a dodgy connector for your "not starting" issue - this nsp software is too good to pass up on.

I'm *VERY* happy with the datalogging now
It looks like there's 2 useful datalogs it creates now.
first - the "logs" folder for all the little files that get created each time that logging had valid "log now" conditions - these count towards the logging memory you have available
and
second - the "auto logs" folder - this one is the cool one - it behaves like when you pull out the usb cable - the software seems to put together all the individual log files from that session and insert them "over the top" of a datalog of all channels and put them into the "right" time on the large log file. This only appears when i unplug the usb cable -

So if you do 50 runs in a 1 hour tuning session - when you disconnect the cable - you will end up with
-50 x individual logs in the "logs" folder
-1 x huge log file in the "auto logs" folder that has all channels - and your individual logs merged in over the top - AND the map file that goes with the logs so you can have relevant data and logs at the same time and if you had a 20 min break in the middle of the session - there will be a 20 min gap in the log for that time - at the right relative time compared to all the other logs - very nice!

Datalogging in the app is now VERY nice and useful - you can treat trace windows how you would treat them in the standalone datalogging app zooming in and scrolling around and highlighting sections etc - except if you load in the large logs from the auto logs folder - you can map trace all the tables and axis in some very nice detail - like the transient throttle tables and fuel tables and cam angle tables and all of them are map tracing at the same time from the logs even if you didn't choose to capture those channels specifically - very nice :)

Its unfortunate the help file is a little sparse when trying to find out what features do in the nexus software - but what info they do have in the log file is really nice - do a search in the helpfile for say "sr20 engine" or "k20 engine" and see what sort of details they have for example.

i *really* like this new software - its got some really nice features for road tuning a car - like the "map trace and bulk auto tune" feature - daaaaaang its going to make road tuning my maps a lot easier and faster.

I just need a bigger help file to find out all the fiddly features that are cool :)

JimKden

Postby JimKden » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:52 am

One hell-of-a-post. I copied it to at text file for reference. Thanks for your effort.

Clutch

Postby Clutch » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:15 pm

I’m having problem upgrading to NSP software when the NSP software opens after the firmware upgrade I get stuck on two messages: loading framework definition and downloading required files. Does this happen to someone here? If yes how can I go further?
Showing off is the fool's idea of glory.

JimKden

Postby JimKden » Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:21 am

Clutch,
Me and others have had the same issue and I still haven't resolved. I sent a contact message to Haltech and all I got back was the party line. The response was if the green lights on the progress window were on you are good to go. But that ain't the case. Seems like they never beta tested the install procedure with a bunch of users. A beta test with users out of house brings out the short comings, not like only using in house installs

Clutch

Postby Clutch » Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:55 am

Thanks for the reply, look like at least I’m not the only one. For now I’m using last firmware with ESP. Let’s see what they have to say about this issue. The green lights were all on at the time I was updating to NSP.

cbDrift

Postby cbDrift » Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:58 am

One super silly question to ask that wasn't mentioned in your notes about your update testing - the laptop that your updating the ecu with - it has a live internet connection yes? Its not out in a garage with no wifi or something like that?

I have an IT background for fixing stuff for users and i didn't see this mentioned in your notes sorry - its a very important point during the upgrade process that they have a working internet connection at the time of the update.

Sorry if it sounds like a stupid question.

Clutch

Postby Clutch » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:36 am

Yes is with internet connection.

JimKden

Postby JimKden » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:10 am

Here is what I found. load firmware 2.45 from whatever version you have loaded. There is something special in it that starting from 3.00 won't work.

Then in the tools dropdown in ESP perform the upgrade to NSP. I worked for me.

Clutch

Postby Clutch » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:48 pm

Yes it works, thanks.

Smithy688

Postby Smithy688 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:42 pm

I have just had a tune done on a motor yesterday/today with a 550 Elite running the ESP software, got it all dialed in, then the tuner said lets change it over to the nsp software.
All went well except for the fact the motor would not run. I had no spark, no rpm signal. We couldn't work out what had changed , double checked all the settings and they were all the same as from previous.
Went back to the ESP software and it fired up straight away.
Has anyone else had this sort of issues as the tuner and myself really like the new software over the old software?
Cheers people.

BlackBirdSR71

Postby BlackBirdSR71 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:19 am

Smithy688 wrote:I have just had a tune done on a motor yesterday/today with a 550 Elite running the ESP software, got it all dialed in, then the tuner said lets change it over to the nsp software.
All went well except for the fact the motor would not run. I had no spark, no rpm signal. We couldn't work out what had changed , double checked all the settings and they were all the same as from previous.
Went back to the ESP software and it fired up straight away.
Has anyone else had this sort of issues as the tuner and myself really like the new software over the old software?
Cheers people.

Have a feeling this may be related to the cahnges made to Quick Start " in the latest NSP software update. I'm the tuner for the engine mentioned.

Trigger is " Generic-Missing Tooth-No Home . 36 -1. Batch Fire Fuel with Waste-Spark ignition. With latest ESP software, engine was purring like a kitten. But we would get a " Trigger Reference Past " error code. And Diagnostics showed a Half Sync. This didn't make sense as with No Home, Home sync level should be show " None " in Trigger diagnostics. On a hunch I switched off " Quick Start". Error code disappeared and now Trigger Diagnostics showed Sync level at " None " as it should. Engine started and ran fine through all this.

Now we loaded NSP, and engine refuses to start. No RPM signal and no Physical Spark from coils. But, Auto Updates were enabled and NSP updated to latest version ( 1.24.4 I believe ). In reference notes there are several changes to Quick Start. I think this may be the issue. When we tried to start engine ( Last evening ). Quick Start was still enabled in NSP. My customer is in Australia and I'm in Canada. So there's a large time zone difference.

I'm going to see if we can test NSP software again tonight, but with " Quick Start " disabled. see if that solves the " No spark " problem. It should be noted that the New Oscilloscope feature came in handy. I tested the Trigger signal when cranking and it was perfect. So problem is on output side. Coil-pack was getting 12 volts power. That is one of the first things we checked.

Will report back with findings.

JimKden

Postby JimKden » Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:27 am

There is no reason to have Quick Start enabled with on home sensor and running on half cycle.
Quick start is there to fire the engine on half cycle when there is a home signal and changes to full cycle when the rpm set is reached if the full cycle synch is obtained. This is to fire the engine without having to wait for full synch to occur.

BlackBirdSR71

Postby BlackBirdSR71 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:22 am

JimKden wrote:There is no reason to have Quick Start enabled with on home sensor and running on half cycle.
Quick start is there to fire the engine on half cycle when there is a home signal and changes to full cycle when the rpm set is reached if the full cycle synch is obtained. This is to fire the engine without having to wait for full synch to occur.

Yeah... wasn't the problem anyway. Dealing with some other issues. Looks like we had a corruption issue in some of the Tables, Possibly due to non standard directories and not inputting the Vehicle Name and Vehicle configuration BEFORE converting the ESP tune. All good.

BTW.. NOT the normal Trigger Arming Voltage changes in NSP conversion. Aware of that, and this is something completely different.

nitroboother

Postby nitroboother » Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:20 am

JimKden wrote:Clutch,
Me and others have had the same issue and I still haven't resolved. I sent a contact message to Haltech and all I got back was the party line. The response was if the green lights on the progress window were on you are good to go. But that ain't the case. Seems like they never beta tested the install procedure with a bunch of users. A beta test with users out of house brings out the short comings, not like only using in house installs

Yep I am having issues as well updating to NSP it just keeps looking for firmware, and I have a good internet Connection via wifi so unsure what the drama is.
Time to make a call

Return to “Elite Software Programmer (ESP)”