IC7 inputs broadcast to Nexus?

Questions about the IC-7 Dash? Ask here.
r32z32

IC7 inputs broadcast to Nexus?

Postby r32z32 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:11 pm

Hi,

Are any of the direct inputs on the IC7 broadcast to the Nexus over CAN, or is the dash basically receive-only, and cannot be used to gain additional inputs? I'm running low on inputs, and would like to route lower priority inputs to the dash, and read by the ECU via CAN, if possible.

In general, will the Nexus listen for open PIDs, if I build my own CAN modules, or would the best thing be to find a supported "vehicle" and use the relevant PID?

Thank you!

blakebonkofsky

Re: IC7 inputs broadcast to Nexus?

Postby blakebonkofsky » Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:34 am

r32z32 wrote:Hi,

Are any of the direct inputs on the IC7 broadcast to the Nexus over CAN, or is the dash basically receive-only, and cannot be used to gain additional inputs? I'm running low on inputs, and would like to route lower priority inputs to the dash, and read by the ECU via CAN, if possible.

In general, will the Nexus listen for open PIDs, if I build my own CAN modules, or would the best thing be to find a supported "vehicle" and use the relevant PID?

Thank you!

The dash is receive-only.

Have you considered a CAN Keypad or IO12 expander? Also, any unused injector, ignition, or DPOs can be used as switch inputs.

r32z32

Postby r32z32 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:22 pm

OK, thanks, that's what I figured!

I already have a keypad, but wanted to save some of the analog inputs on the Nexus for other more important signals, but still have their status available.

Came across another thread on the Haltech forum mentioning customer service might supply their CAN protocol to folks DIY savy to build their own A/D -> CAN. If that's true, would be excellent news!

Orangeblue

Postby Orangeblue » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:43 am

r32z32 wrote:Came across another thread on the Haltech forum mentioning customer service might supply their CAN protocol to folks DIY savy to build their own A/D -> CAN. If that's true, would be excellent news!

Not sure if there is a newer version but here is one...
viewtopic.php?t=34730
'92 Opel Omega Wagon
'94 Opel Astra 'vert

bit picky aye

Postby bit picky aye » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:48 am

blakebonkofsky wrote:

Thank you!

Have you considered a CAN Keypad or IO12 expander? Also, any unused injector, ignition, or DPOs can be used as switch inputs.

Just found this and im very interested, had a play in NSP to double check and not able to do it.
Cant find how I can assign inputs to injectors, ignition or DPO :(

Are you provide any more details please.
Cheers!

bit picky aye

Postby bit picky aye » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:59 am

bit picky aye wrote:
blakebonkofsky wrote:

Thank you!

Just found this and im very interested, had a play in NSP to double check and not able to do it.
Cant find how I can assign inputs to injectors, ignition or DPO :(

Are you provide any more details please.
Cheers!

WHOA!

I was on my map 1.0.0 version, just had a thought to make sure im on the latest and just used a new blank 1.10.0 version map and sure enough this is options to select injector, ignition and DPO for switch inputs, I have never been this happy since I got the Nexus :D

Return to “iC-7 Dash”