Transmission control

Questions about the Nexus Series ECU's? Ask here.
rocar1264
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu May 27, 2021 3:09 am

Transmission control

Postby rocar1264 » Thu May 27, 2021 4:36 am

Building a Drag 2jz Supra with clutchless 5 speed Liberty .
Would like to know how Transmission control on liberty works and what ECU is capable to do
I noticed that wiring is required for 5 solenoids for each gear , would like to know how and why

User avatar
blakebonkofsky
Posts: 350
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:58 am

Re: Transmission control

Postby blakebonkofsky » Sat May 29, 2021 1:34 am

rocar1264 wrote:Building a Drag 2jz Supra with clutchless 5 speed Liberty .
Would like to know how Transmission control on liberty works and what ECU is capable to do
I noticed that wiring is required for 5 solenoids for each gear , would like to know how and why


Liberty control works great, we use it on our 7 speed. One solenoid per gear, plus one for reverse, so 8 total.

IMG_0812.JPG

rocar1264
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu May 27, 2021 3:09 am

Re: Transmission control

Postby rocar1264 » Sun May 30, 2021 2:07 am

How do it engage to first gear , I noticed that it can be set to auto shift and a paddle switch overrides , I would like to use a switch button from neutral to 1st and vice versa from the CAN keypad is it possible ?

User avatar
blakebonkofsky
Posts: 350
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:58 am

Re: Transmission control

Postby blakebonkofsky » Sun May 30, 2021 5:28 am

rocar1264 wrote:How do it engage to first gear , I noticed that it can be set to auto shift and a paddle switch overrides , I would like to use a switch button from neutral to 1st and vice versa from the CAN keypad is it possible ?


You would need to set the "Selector Position Type" to One Input Per Position. Then, you can assign key pad buttons to the Neutral, Reverse, and Drive inputs.

rocar1264
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu May 27, 2021 3:09 am

Re: Transmission control

Postby rocar1264 » Mon May 31, 2021 5:48 am

Image

Can't sort out ,I'm I missing something ?

User avatar
blakebonkofsky
Posts: 350
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:58 am

Re: Transmission control

Postby blakebonkofsky » Mon May 31, 2021 7:22 am

rocar1264 wrote:Image

Can't sort out ,I'm I missing something ?


You need to update your firmware. You're on 1.01, the Nexus is up to 1.07 now...

NSP should have been auto-updating, but if not, click Help > Check For Updates. Then, create a new map. If you need, you can import your current configuration and tuning tables into your new map.

Once you update, you can select "One Input Per Position", and then assign those inputs to CAN Keypad buttons.

rocar1264
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu May 27, 2021 3:09 am

Re: Transmission control

Postby rocar1264 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:42 am

Updated and worked Thanks
Selected Drive input and assigned keypad button
I assume that when Drive button is OFF it will be in neutral and when press ON it engage in 1st gear and up shift auto with rpm or what ever is selected and over rides with paddle shift button . Is that correct ?
Were do Paddle input goes ?
Do gear position display on Dash ? as no voltage input is assigned

User avatar
blakebonkofsky
Posts: 350
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:58 am

Re: Transmission control

Postby blakebonkofsky » Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:40 am

rocar1264 wrote:Updated and worked Thanks
Selected Drive input and assigned keypad button
I assume that when Drive button is OFF it will be in neutral and when press ON it engage in 1st gear and up shift auto with rpm or what ever is selected and over rides with paddle shift button . Is that correct ?
Were do Paddle input goes ?
Do gear position display on Dash ? as no voltage input is assigned


I'm not sure about only using one button for Drive/Neutral and not separate buttons, so I can't say how it will respond. If you set it to On/Off, then I would think it would cycle between drive and neutral.

For the paddles, you enable the Paddle Shift Inputs, it's on the right under Functions in the screenshot you posted :)

Yes, gear position will display on the dash, since the Transmission Control function knows what gear it is commanding.


Return to “Nexus”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest