Internally regulated?

Questions about the Nexus Series ECU's? Ask here.
ouikikazz

Internally regulated?

Postby ouikikazz » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:41 am

I'm guessing since this is a pdm too all in one that there will be no need for an ECU relay or fusing it?

blakebonkofsky

Re: Internally regulated?

Postby blakebonkofsky » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:33 am

Master fuse is always a good idea. Remember, fuses are to protect the wire, not the device. Just because it handles power delivery internally, doesn't mean the battery cable can't get shorted to ground before the ECU.

ouikikazz

Postby ouikikazz » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:56 am

blakebonkofsky wrote:Master fuse is always a good idea. Remember, fuses are to protect the wire, not the device. Just because it handles power delivery internally, doesn't mean the battery cable can't get shorted to ground before the ECU.

for the 1awg battery cable then what kind of fuse would be sufficient? I would think between the PDM and ECU something around 150-200amps?

blakebonkofsky

Postby blakebonkofsky » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:03 am

ouikikazz wrote:
blakebonkofsky wrote:Master fuse is always a good idea. Remember, fuses are to protect the wire, not the device. Just because it handles power delivery internally, doesn't mean the battery cable can't get shorted to ground before the ECU.

for the 1awg battery cable then what kind of fuse would be sufficient? I would think between the PDM and ECU something around 150-200amps?

According to the spec sheet, the internal, non user-serviceable fuse is 200amps on the positive connection, so I'd run a 150-175.

Return to “Nexus”