Electronic wastegate support?

Questions about the Nexus Series ECU's? Ask here.
dale_che

Re: Electronic wastegate support?

Postby dale_che » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:50 pm

im guessing you have no clue how the egates actually work and that you can not just plug it in and use it like a boost solenoid or you end up with control like other brands have which is not acceptable in the real world...

dale_che

Postby dale_che » Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:15 am

yochu20 wrote:I recently got my hands on one of these and would love to see direct support for it, or maybe some direction as to how to use a generic/existing control strategy that exists on the Nexus R5 to drive the gate. I thought it was already built in based on some of the videos and articles circulating, but it seems that may not be the case.

Not just fueltech that added support, Emtron also added electronic wastegates to their KV 12 and KV 16 ECUs (saw it on their facebook page).

On a side note, I also realized that I got one of the older revision gates. The turbosmart documentation lists a second revision that has a blue wire in addition to the other 6 that is meant for a PWM control signal. I wonder if that would make it possible to use some existing/generic control strategy on ECUs that may not have direct support. Unfortunately the turbosmart docs don't go into any greater detail about it. Anyone know anything about it?

its supported on 1.13 firmware. update NSP and update your ecu and you will have direct connection from the HBO to the wastegates, you require 2 AVI and 2 HBO per wastegate as they need temp and position.

yochu20

Postby yochu20 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:40 pm

Awesome work Haltech! Great to see that we now have support for these wastegates and I am excited to get mine set up and try it out. Is there any information you can provide around the basics for tuning the wastegate or general words of wisdom? I imagine parts of it will be similar to a CO2 wastegate setup since it is boost referenced but not boost dependent to achieve holding power, but I could be wrong about that. Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks again for the new feature!

dale_che

Postby dale_che » Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:35 am

it is nothing like tuning a C02 setup, you target manifold pressure now not dome pressure, you will need to set your control point offsets and pid correctly and it will work,

Return to “Nexus”