Fuse current vs pin current rating

Questions about the Nexus Series ECU's? Ask here.
Andrew1

Fuse current vs pin current rating

Postby Andrew1 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:44 am

I was wondering about a couple of things about how the functionality of the PDM features:

I understand that the fuse current setting on the Nexus acts to open the circuit upon instantaneous/momentary over currents that exceed the setting. The software allows for the settings to be higher than the rating of the pin (e.g. setting of 9 amps for 8A-HCO). Will the Nexus function normally in this case as long as the average amperage does not exceed 8 amps?

Also, if I have a load that exceeds the rating of the pin, can a second HCO be paired together to double the rating? e.g. (Qty 2) 8A-HCO paired together handle 16 amps? Some PDMs allow for pairing such as this but doesn't appear to be a native feature of the Nexus.

Topfun99

Re: Fuse current vs pin current rating

Postby Topfun99 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:21 pm

I don't know what Haltech's official response will be to combining outputs but I've got 2 sets of 8A HCO circuits paired together and 1 set of 25A HCO circuits paired together. Has not been a problem doing this for me.

blakebonkofsky

Re: Fuse current vs pin current rating

Postby blakebonkofsky » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:00 am

Andrew1 wrote:I was wondering about a couple of things about how the functionality of the PDM features:

I understand that the fuse current setting on the Nexus acts to open the circuit upon instantaneous/momentary over currents that exceed the setting. The software allows for the settings to be higher than the rating of the pin (e.g. setting of 9 amps for 8A-HCO). Will the Nexus function normally in this case as long as the average amperage does not exceed 8 amps?

Also, if I have a load that exceeds the rating of the pin, can a second HCO be paired together to double the rating? e.g. (Qty 2) 8A-HCO paired together handle 16 amps? Some PDMs allow for pairing such as this but doesn't appear to be a native feature of the Nexus.

While it's not a native feature as you say, it is possible and officially supported by Haltech. The easiest way to do it is to setup a Generic Output that is triggered by the first output. That way they always switch on and off together, and you only need to worry about triggering the first output.

Return to “Nexus”