Compatible DBW throttle body (LS)

Questions about the Nexus Series ECU's? Ask here.
LBCportagee

Compatible DBW throttle body (LS)

Postby LBCportagee » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:27 pm

Is there a list of LS throttle body part numbers that are compatible with the nexus?

blakebonkofsky

Re: Compatible DBW throttle body (LS)

Postby blakebonkofsky » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:35 am

I'm pretty sure they all are. The Haltech systems are extremely flexible in this regard.

LBCportagee

Postby LBCportagee » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:06 pm

blakebonkofsky wrote:I'm pretty sure they all are. The Haltech systems are extremely flexible in this regard.

Then why is the LS1/LS6 Elite with Drive by wire sold as an LS2 throttle body Retrofit?

blakebonkofsky

Postby blakebonkofsky » Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:06 am

LBCportagee wrote:
blakebonkofsky wrote:I'm pretty sure they all are. The Haltech systems are extremely flexible in this regard.

Then why is the LS1/LS6 Elite with Drive by wire sold as an LS2 throttle body Retrofit?

That is a great question for Haltech Tech Support, and not really suited for this forum. I imagine it's likely just due to which connector is included with the harness.

blownbluez06

Postby blownbluez06 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:38 am

Maybe I missed where Haltech specifies that the Elite ECUs are only compatible with LS2 style throttle bodies. I've used LS1/6 and Nick Williams throttle bodies on them with success. Haltech's pre-made LSx harnesses have the LS2 style plugs which are also the same as LS3. The Throttle mapping is different between the two but since the Elite automatically calibrates itself when its initialized, I don't see why any throttle body (or throttle bodies since the Nexus can run 2) you choose can't be run.

Return to “Nexus”