Nexus can keypad function to control ic7 dash

Questions about the Nexus Series ECU's? Ask here.
martindriftrichards

Nexus can keypad function to control ic7 dash

Postby martindriftrichards » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:25 pm

Hi there I want to use a couple of keypad buttons to switch between pages on the ic7 dash . The page up and page down stickers are included with the keypad but in the nexus software and ic7 dash software I can’t seem to find anyway to make this happen . Any help would be much appreciated

Comlb_4G63

Re: Nexus can keypad function to control ic7 dash

Postby Comlb_4G63 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:57 am

Like you, I don't see anyway to do this via CAN right now. One way to possibly make this work is to wire a generic DPO output from the Nexus, that is triggered by a Momentary keypad button, into one of the AVI inputs on the dash. I looked through the dash manual and I don't see where they specify what type of input the dash is expecting when you configure an AVI input as a dash button. I don't know if it would take a ground, 12v, or 5v momentary signal. I'd reach out to tech support and see if they can clarify the input specifications for the AVI Input when configured as a dash button. Maybe they will offer some information on the CAN implementation. I'm guessing the CAN method is in the works and just hasn't been released yet. My suggestion is definitely a waste of inputs and outputs when the data should be available over CAN, but should get the result you're looking for. Although the sticker wouldn't offer the best indication of the button function, you could configure the button to page one direction with a short press and the other direction with a long press. This method would save an save an input and output for something else. Let us know what you come up with.

Return to “Nexus”