Engine Protection Target Boost Set Incorrectly

Questions about the Platinum Pro Plug-in ECU's? Ask here.
lsmith

Engine Protection Target Boost Set Incorrectly

Postby lsmith » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:05 pm

Hello,

I've got a Silvia S15 + Platinum Pro (Firmware v1.13) with a strange issue with the closed loop target boost when engine protection is enabled. After the engine protection has tripped, my target boost is set to 229 psi which causes the boost control duty cycle to be set to a constant 100% and the engine to overboost. Has anyone encountered this before?

Also it seems the engine protection remains active after erasing the error via the laptop, the engine light does turn off but I need to turn the engine off / on again to return to normal operation. Is this expected behavior?

Here's a log after tripping engine protection (AFR lean) and clearing it via the laptop but forgotting to turn the engine off / on. You can see the effect of engine protection being applied to the ignition advance (minus 5 deg from base) and the overboosting issue.
TargetBoostIssue.png

My target boost table is set to 18psi and the boost correction on the engine protection tab is -100%.
Attachments
InfiniBoostLog.zip
(409.08 KiB) Downloaded 52 times

HaltechMatthew
Haltech Staff

Re: Engine Protection Target Boost Set Incorrectly

Postby HaltechMatthew » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:43 am

Need the map too.

For support stuff like this you are better to send them in directly. The forum is only checked when we are not run off our feet.

lsmith

Re: Engine Protection Target Boost Set Incorrectly

Postby lsmith » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:05 pm

Fair enough, was hoping someone else had encountered this issue before.

Here's my map:
241. More Wastegate Spring.hs15-113.zip
(12.29 KiB) Downloaded 59 times

Return to “Platinum Pro Plug-in”