NEXUS Datalogs

Questions about the Nexus Series ECU's? Ask here.
Topfun99

NEXUS Datalogs

Postby Topfun99 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:26 pm

So far I've not figured out how to delete old datalog files the NEXUS is keeping in it's memory and no one has told me how to do so.

Right now my NEXUS seems to have a glitch and sometimes it makes and saves a file just by me turning on the ignition switch. As a result it has over 900 files in it's memory.

I hope someone can tell me how to delete the old files as It seems extremely tedious to keep all of them and a waste of memory though I don't know if this affects anything.

Tommy Shelby

Re: NEXUS Datalogs

Postby Tommy Shelby » Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:58 pm

You can't delete them. The old logs stay there until they are written over by new ones.

What are your logging conditions set at? You might be inadvertently recording short logs every time you key on. You could make it RPM > 100 or something so it records when you start the engine.

Topfun99

Re: NEXUS Datalogs

Postby Topfun99 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:30 pm

Tommy Shelby wrote:You can't delete them. The old logs stay there until they are written over by new ones.

What are your logging conditions set at? You might be inadvertently recording short logs every time you key on. You could make it RPM > 100 or something so it records when you start the engine.

The setting is throttle position greater than 40%.

One thing I've learned about the NEXUS is it has many little quirks such as sending out various DTC codes when the key is turned on. if the hard line USB communication connection is being used, it will change settings within your program for various reasons.

Return to “Nexus”